Mea Culpa

"Survivors aren't always the strongest; sometimes they're the smartest, but more often, simply the luckiest." -Carrie Ryan

{~~♡~~}

"I'm sorry, who?" Turning to the man in front of me, I raised my eyebrows at the information I had just been given.
'Andria Apex, your Highness, commonly known as the Shadow Princess. Bloodthirsty and violent, she is one of the world's most notorious assassins of all time. Female. Age unknown. Location unknown. Family unknown. IQ unimaginable. Incomplete file. We, as the brains of the Royal court, believe she is the dark lady we have been looking for. She is the reason our spies have gone mad. She is dangerous. She is evil. She... is the manifestation of Death itself."

Frowning, I thought deeply. I believed that she would be the reason for our extinction. From the little information I have been given, she is barely human. The king would be in mortal peril.
And usually the world most secretive villains have a complete file. Meaning we know about them, who they are, their secret organisations, where they live, who their contacts are. But this Shadow Princess is anonymous. She is incomplete. She- no, this thing- will kill us all.

We will need to kill her before she kills us.

{~~♡~~}

Andria Apex. The queen of assassins. For a reason unknown to lords and kingdoms, she is feared throughout the Grey Market, however no-one in the courts have heard of her. No-one, except spies. They stay hidden, listening for news and issues that may threaten the Royal line. But not all of them do survive. The ones who return, come all injured and mad, screaming that a dark lady was going to kill them. The only thing understood from their babbling nonsense is a shadow, covering their vision, slashing through the air and spilling their blood.

We, the Royal court have heard snippets of the evil reality that covers the Shadow Princess. It has shaken our bones of what we have heard, the short stories of what she has done to those who have defied her.

If she is coming for a kingdom, they're dead. No-one will survive the ashes of their previous life. They will all perish.

And if she comes for us, we will all die.