IX

"Well, well, well. If it isn't Aethulu, the charming princess who showed up mysteriously one day, and stole the heart of the prince." Andria smirked at the two cowering in fear. She could see Caspian's eyes flitting around the room, trying to find an exit, no doubt in his mind that the Shadow Princess was a heartless murderer.

The prince held a protective arm around Aethulu, acrimony written on his face. "Stay away from her, you monster!" His voice cracked at 'monster', which only made Andria's grin stretch wider with pleasure.

"Doesn't seem like you're in any position for threats. Who do you think you're talking to, little prince?" She sneered, emphasising her nickname for Caspian. "Did that kiss mean nothing to you?"

At her words, Caspian's eyes widened, before looking to Aethulu, his face flushed red. Aethulu had a look of resentment on her face as she stared at the Shadow Princess.

"Oops, did you not mention that to your sweetheart?" Andria cackled malignantly. "Guess I broke this... thing between you two." She indicated to the two. Aethulu had broken away from Caspian's grasp, the two now looking away from each other.

Caspian called out to Aethulu. "I'm sorry... I didn't- I..."

"Save it!" She snapped. The prince looked down in shame, silenced.

Andria looked pleased at the show they were displaying. "Who wants the luxury of dying first: the heartbroken prince, or the clone?"

The two royals looked up in shock, perplexity and interest glimmering in their eyes. "What did you say?" Aethulu asked.

"I said: who wants the lu-"

"No, you know what I mean!" Aethulu interrupted. Annoyance filled the Shadow Princess, as her eyes glazed over with pure black shadows, and she raised her arm, black fire enveloping her fist. A malevolent smile appeared on her face, showcasing her shimmery white teeth, and her black, slimy tongue.

"I would be more careful of what you say, clone. You wouldn't want to die before you know the truth, would you?" Aethulu shook her head furiously, now enamoured with Andria. "That's what I thought. Don't forget who you are speaking to."

Caspian looked grief-stricken, downhearted at the betrayals of two women. Aethulu took a step forward, indicating for Andria to explain herself. Andria's eyes returned to normal.

"I'm going to love this..." She said, snickering. "Aethulu, you are a clone of me. I created you to infiltrate the castle and betray the prince. It seems like it worked," Andria looked over at Caspian, who stared intently down at the floor. "You are nothing to nobody. You are a mindless drone, given orders to carry out by me. Return to your master, servant."

Andria held her hand out in the direction of Aethulu - the clone. Her smile was still plastered on her face, as her eyes turned into an endless void of pitch-black. She repeated a single chant three times. "Kasvoiya enamire hisvallinese."

Wisps of black smoke twisted around the looming figure, who spoke an ancient spell of destruction. Once she had finished, she whispered the 3 last words that would condemn the fate of Caspian's lover.

"Return to me."

The mist gathered around the terrified Aethulu, who had looked down at her arms in horror. Her body was dissolving into white smoke. "Caspian..." She tried to call out, but her voice had been reduced to a tiny whisper. Nevertheless, the prince gaped as his love slowly faded into the mist.

Aethulu's white mist coiled in the air, turning black once touching Andria's smoke. Her face no longer showed any emotion, a single, blank expression, that shattered Caspian.