An Angel Walking Among Heroes

A/N Written by @EmitheNinja. Plot minorly changed.

Nightwing was alone in the Batplane keeping an eye on the 21st MFP he had found though there were supposed to be only 20. The second he had found it he had called the plane and was now heading towards the North Pole hoping to stop it before going chrysalis.

A small golden ankh appeared above the co-pilot seat and a Reach-Tech virus egg landed there and the ankh disappeared, he smiled as he neared the location, grabbed the egg and jumped out of the plane.

He ran into the small cave and groaned as the Beetle drones dropped dead on the ground, looking at the egg he hoped that he could hack it and perhaps strengthen the virus Luthor had installed. He bent down to one knee and pulled out a cable from his glove, hooking it up to the egg and started his holo-computer with one screen showing the egg, another connected to the Batplane so he was aware of what happened outside, right now he was inside the vortex of the chrysalis and another showing the six league members arriving back on Earth.

His comlink was a screaming mess as everyone realized that he was there and hurried to save him but the chrysalis energy kept them back from doing anything.

Red Hood was screaming into his comink and he could hear Red Robin and Robin chant for him to be alright, Black Bat was a crying mess and Spoiler was struggling against Atom and Batman was being held down but the other 5 leaguers that had returned from Rimbor.

*Hope this works because I've never used this software before*

"NIGHTWING!"

Some of the energy hit him but he was to focused to care much...

He kinda did notice his left hand got slightly transparent. *Oooookay, let's hurry this up and try to stay whelmed!*

                                ○●○

"What's going on?!" Superman called out as soon as the green construct ship vanished and joined the heroes.

Kid Flash panicked, "Nightwing found another MDF that can destroy the Earth and he didn't tell us! He just headed here and now he's inside that vortex!"

"Nightwing is what?!" Batman shouted and tried to run towards the vortex but Superman grabbed him.

"Batman it might be to late! He got here before any of the others there's no way he's still alive."

"Let me go Atom! My brother's there!"

"Spoiler stop it! We're to late!" Captain Atom shouted.

Blue Beetle suddenly gasped and looked over his shoulder at the scarab.

"What do you mean cease to exist?!...No...He's a bat! They always manage the impossible it's- it's like they're not human! Nightwing will make it!" Blue chanted and shook his head before looking at the vortex that was now disappearing.

Both Supers used their powers to find the first Robin but Superboy fell to his knees after a few seconds and Superman staggered back in shock and grief.

"I-I can't hear his heart!" he shouted.

Everyone looked at him and the Bats froze in place and Batman could feel his heart stop in his chest, Nightwing couldn't be...