Claws of the Night pt 2

A/N Written by @EmitheNinja. Plot slightly changed.

Nightwing had found a cave under a large tree and repeated Red Hood's trick by placing branches over the hole and laid down. Whining sadly when he heard the thunder overhead and soon it was raining heavily. Usually in this kind of weather he was in the manor or beside Batman, right now he wished he hadn't been standing in front of Red Hood when the gun fired.

He wanted his father.

He wanted Batman.

×××

Everyone called off the search but the Bats refused to leave Nightwing. Red Robin and Black Bat had gone to find the idiot who had built the gun and hoped to find a way to power it back up and reverse the effect. Red Hood and Spoiler had threaten to camp in the forest if they had to and Robin was fighting tooth and nail to stay with them but Superman had flown him to Gotham anyway.

Red Hood had almost shot the ones going near him and Spoiler had knocked out three of them before the two fled the scene. In the end they all left the bats and headed to their cities and the Watchtower.

Batman wasn't answering his comm but he was somewhere in the forest as well in the heavy rain. He wasn't leaving until he found his eldest son.

"But Jason we-"

"-Are dead if we try to go out there! We have to stay here until the storm let's up."

Jason hated it but he couldn't even see the trees in front of him. They had found a small cave just before the storm started so they were dry but to stay warm they had to sit beside each other sharing Spoiler's cape.

"He's out there somewhere."

There was a flash and soon an loud rumble was heard. Jason tried to keep his tears at bay as he took off his helmet and hugged her, "I know...He told me not to touch it and I didn't listen..."

Spoiler sniffed, "I want our brother..."

Batman slipped for the umpteenth time and just bolted up again, the rain washing away the mud from his front as he ran through the forest. He knew everyone had left and he would kill them later, right now he had to find Nightwing.

He reached a small stream and looked around for tracks but if there had been any the rain had washed them away.

Batman was close to losing it when he heard a whine somewhere to his left and found torn bushes, then dragging marks that led to a large tree. Was Nightwing- he ran there and when he parted the bushes he found Nightwing pressed to the back wall whining as tears fell from his closed eyes.

Batman re-positioned the bushes after he got inside and then placed his hand on Nightwing's head, "Dick-"

Nightwing's head flew up and Batman removed his cowl, "It's me."

The look he got just screamed 'I know that!' and the ears fell down a little. Bruce smiled as he sat down leaning against the wall and Nightwing placed his head on his father's thigh closing his eyes when he felt a clawed glove run over his head.

"I'm here son, no one is going to hurt you. We have to wait for the storm to let up before getting the Batplane here." Dick whined again. "Shh, get some rest."