A Father's Joy pt 1

A/N Written by @EmitheNinja. Plot minorly changed.

"Uh...Father's day?" the team was looking confused at their little bird who was practically vibrating where he was being levitated by M'gann because he wouldn't stand still when he talked. Robin was grinning like crazy.

"Yeah, it's two weeks from now so that should give us time to come up with something right?!" he said before he flipped so that he was sitting cross legged but he was upside down, then he looked at Connor and cringed.

"Whoops...sorry SB...forgot about that...detail."

The kryptonian didn't like seeing the hacker sad so he just shrugged it away, Robin got exited over a lot of things and always forgot something.

Wally was rubbing his neck and Artemis her arms, Kaldur and M'gann were still learning Earth customs so they looked puzzled. Which Robin noticed and flipped so that he was upright again.

"Ok M'gann and Kaldur, Father's Day is when you make a special effort for your father or father-figure...like...J'onn is like a father to you right M'gann?"

"Oh yes! But special effort..."

"You're getting the hang of the cookie baking right? And you could go to a museum to learn more about earth."

The whole team panicked when M'gann almost strangled the young bird in a hug and had to pry her arms off his neck before he literally changed colour, Connor held him by the shoulders while Wally came running with an oxygen mask. Kaldur breathed in relief as M'gann disappeared towards the kitchen.

After a few minutes Robin removed the oxygen mask and gave a thumbs before he continued. "Kaldur, you have living parents right?"

"Yes, Calvin Durham but...I suspect that he is not my...birth-father..."

Robin just shrugged and dropped one heck of a bomb on them.

"Hey, Batman isn't my birth-father so-"

"WHAT?!"

Robin rubbed his ears for the next two minutes as he gave them time to process the info before continuing.

"He took me in after both my parents were killed and to be honest- he is my dad in everything but blood...don't you guys know that sometimes blood doesn't mean everything? It's the love the parent-figure has for you."

Artemis gaped at him before she rubbed her forehead, "Uh Robin? Can we continue this later?...I need to think a bit on what you just said about blood and love thing...like deep thinking."

Robin nodded and was surprised when they all filed out leaving him alone.

"Hey, I'm going back to Gotham! You know how to reach me!"

Kaldur raised a hand to show that he had been heard and so the young bird turned around just as the Zeta tubes came online and Batman, Black Canary and Red Tornado stepped out...might as well be honest about the team's odd behaviour. It was is fault and all.

"Robin where is the team?"

"Uh...laying down for a bit...I'm...uh...I might have given them a lot to think about," Robin lowered his head and didn't notice their odd looks before Batman turned back to him.