II. Annoyed

"Yo,"

The monstrously tall and light brown haired bestfriend of mine greeted me with lack of enthusiasm present in his voice. I surveyed his appearance which was the usual. The natural bed hair he had was present and paired with his sleepy look, he looked the same and nothing was out of ordinary.

"You dog, you really greeting me like that?"

"What? Want me to greet you with a kiss, princess?" he retorted back.

I sent a light punch in his direction however it failed as he immediately dodged the incoming attack by jumping forward but not before turning to face me and shooting me a cocky smirk. I jokingly glared at him before averting my attention and continuing walking towards the school.

We were on our way to our school early in the morning just like the normal students who happily chatted, sharing stories of how they spent their weekends and such. I eventually caught up to Masahide's pace of walking with the intent to ask a question.

"What happened in your weekend?"

"The usual, I played ball on Saturday and hit the gym on Sunday."

"You're really a sports freak, man." I laughed.

"Chicks dig me, that's why."

I slowly turned my head and peeked at his face who displayed a confident and cocky look which I found funny to the point that I can't help but burst out laughing.

"Hey! It's true, what do you have to say when almost everyday there's a girl that decides to confess to me?"

"Yeah right, man."

"You little..."

I felt a smack to my head that immediately caused discomfort and slight pain and as I recovered from it, I saw Masahide bolting to the direction of school with incredible speed.

"Catch up to me, loser!" he yelled and laughed his ass out.

I sent daggers in his direction and couldn't help but laugh with his crazy antics. I got ready and gripped my bag tightly as to not lose it when I run. A mischievous smile crossed my face.

"You ass! I'm gonna kill you!"

I eventually arrived at the school although I was panting and catching up my breath with all the running I did. I wasn't able to catch up with Masahide who I figured to be inside the school building already. The usual scene inside the school was observed as numerous students poured inside, mobilizing towards their respective classrooms.

As my heart calmed down and my breathing leveled, I started walking towards the school building. It took me a while to get to my classroom as it was on the third floor and there were many students littering the hallway.

As I arrived in the classroom, most of my classmates were already here and they were chatting lively amongst themselves, creating noise early in the morning. I stalked up to my seat and plopped down, not caring about anything other than I need to rest for quite a bit.

Masahide and I weren't in the same section but we're both 2nd years already. I first met him when we were in our first year here. I even vividly remember our very first meeting which was in the basketball court. He was the only one left playing in the court when I saw him and since I also like basketball, I walked up to him and challenged him.

At first, he refused to entertain me and by that, I mean he ignored me and acted as if I didn't exist. When the ball rolled into where I was standing, I had one thing in my mind at that moment and so I grabbed the ball and dunked it in front of Masahide. I saw a change of demeanor in him and his aura became completely different, a menacing atmosphere surrounded me. In the end, we played against each other and he won by one point. From that point on, we decided to become friends and that's how our friendship started.