XXIII. Solace

Sayuki Matsuhiro's POV

"Where are you going?"

I stared at my reflection on the mirror, examining my make-up and my choice of clothing. Once satisfied with my appearance, I straightened my posture and turned around, finally facing my manager, Shun who was wearing a neutral expression.

"I'll go out for tonight." I answered, walking over to my bed and grabbing my purse. "I'll skip school tomorrow."

I walked past him and even before I could exit the room, he held my arm in a gentle manner. I knew that he was just looking out for me however I needed this kind of release. Dealing with my life problems was a hard job.

"Sayuki..." he pleaded.

I plastered a fake bright smile before facing him. "I'll be careful."

"I'll go with you, you need someone who'll bring you here."

"No need, I'm going to Tatsu's club." I gently shook off Shun's hand before eventually going on my way to the door and leaving my unit.

I retrieved my sunglasses from my purse and slid in those. I checked my phone as I got in the elevator where no one was present, I honestly felt relieved since I don't want to get stuck with people in a cramped space.

It was currently eight o'clock in the evening, I haven't had dinner yet but I guess I won't need to since I will probably be hurling my guts out after drinking so much.

I scrolled on my list of contacts and stopped on a particular number to which I pressed and called the person. It didn't take too long for him to answer my call.

"Hhmm..."

"Are you sleeping?" I spoke with a questioning tone. He sounded like he had just woken up.

"I was, until you called."

"Oh c'mon, I'm paying your club a visit. Perhaps you can accompany me?"

I heard some shuffling before I finally got an answer. "I'm up, meet you there at 10."

"Not 10, I mean right now. I'm currently on my way to the club."

"Whoa, okay... Looks like you're dealing with some rough shit right now." he replied with a serious tone. "I'll be on my way."

"Okay, take care." I hesitated then eventually made up my mind. "Thank you..."

I quickly ended the call as I didn't want to embarrass myself further. The elevator got to the ground floor with only me present, I was greeted by the same people living here, waiting outside. One of them instantly recognized me.

"If it isn't Sayuki Matsuhiro," an older looking woman greeted me with a smile.

I adapted a polite smile, "Mrs. Hasashi, hello."

The redhead woman eyed my choice of clothing, "Ah I see that you're on your way out, I shouldn't keep you here. Have fun."

"Thank you, Mrs. Hasashi. I will." I awkwardly laughed at the end then nodded before seeing her off and heading towards the glass door.

The guards greeted me with a nod and I finally left the building. Good thing I already booked a cab which prompted me to check my phone of its current location. I clicked the app and discovered that it was almost here, probably five minutes away.

When my eyes scanned the surroundings, I saw someone running up the stairs and heading towards the entrance of Regiis Tower. He was wearing a black cap which instantly reminded me of a certain someone.

"Ah, I forgot to give back his cap..." I whispered to myself.

Then I realized that people were starting to recognize me and talk about me, especially the passersby. Being the country's hottest teen actress, it was very hard to go around freely especially alone at this time however since I was going with someone I know, Shun reluctantly allowed me to go.