Chapter 2 : It is just spit!

Vivan's eyes widened after hearing the intimate way she greeted him.

'She called me, "Viv."' His mom was the only one who called him so.

Looking at the cute kitten attached to his body, Vivan stood like a statue.

He suspected a wrong action by him would irritate her, and she would leave his arms. Brushing him aside the very next moment.

Vivan was ashamed of himself as his heart was feeling elated, enjoying her cry. He was happy, Ira exposed her weak and fragile self to him for the first time.

Only after a while did her words registered in his brain: Ira was pregnant, and he will soon be a dad!

Oh!

He wrapped his arms around her more as he could no longer control his happiness.

Ira struggled to get out of his embrace.

Vivan sighed in disappointment when he felt her resisting his hug. 'As expected' he sighed.

Soon he found Ira dashed to the bathroom to puke. He followed her.

Vivan removed her hand covering her mouth and wiped the corners of her mouth with his thumb.

He let go for a bit to pour her a glass of water then he passed it to her. She felt a bit better after taking a few sips.

"Why did you do that? It's yucky!" Ira protested. It was her vomit he wiped, and she was embarrassed.

"It's just some leftover spit, there's nothing to be ashamed about it," Vivan said with a blank face like he didn't mind it a bit.

"And some pizza I ate in the evening," She smiledsmugly.

Looking at her prideful smile; her tear-filled eyes like a pitiful but fierce kitten, the man's lips curved.

"Why are you smiling? This is so unfair, why is it that only females get pregnant? Why don't you get pregnant?" So the tyrant was back.

He pursed his lips tight to prevent himself from laughing out loud.

Vivan replied in a sweet voice, "You are right, Doll. I agree; you see, I'm a feminist."

"I'm not a doll, a puppet, or a plaything. I am a human. And you call yourself a feminist? Pei!"

"Um yes, Your Majesty," He nodded.

Even though she smiled, Ira shook her head in sarcasm 'In my past life I was a strong-headed feminist. I wanted to redefine 'being a woman.' I wished for a successful career, even at the cost of my child and my family. But, I realized much later that 'being a wife and a mother' are the hallmarks of womanhood. Being selfless and caring is in a woman's blood. If she neglects any of her roles in life: a mother, a wife, a daughter, and a sister - what remains is guilt and self-blame.'

Vivan led her back to the bedroom and laid her on the bed. as he was about to leave, she pulled him on the bed.

Ira clutched his shirt not letting it go. So he laid beside her.

Moments later, it was midnight. Ira was lying in Vivan's embrace. She could not sleep, her mind keeping her awake; 'Will he vanish if I close my eyes?'

She kept staring at the man beside her; 'The cold, vicious and aloof businesswoman, Ira; and the warm and gentle, Viv. In what way do we match?'

God has given her another opportunity to love this man.

Love! The previous her did not even respect this man. Instead, she despised him.

Ira, being a year older and more successful than him, held contempt towards the man.

She always thought of her and Vivan's relationship as; 'A toad wishing to eat swan meat,'

Yet even though they divorced, in her worst times he helped her from the shadows.

Now as they lay together, she realized that his strong arms made her feel secure.

She traced all his key features: his perfect jawline, pointed nose, sharp eyebrows, and his lips. Handsome and attractive!

Her hands felt the warmth of the man beside her.

'Four years of marriage... Was I was blind in my last lifetime? You'll only be mine in this life,' she pinched his nose a few times then hid her head in his chest in embarrassment.

But, what she never imagined was that Vivan did not sleep. As her breathing stabilized, he opened his eyes.

Vivan had mist in his eyes. He never believed he will ever live the day where Ira would cuddle and feel his face with her gentle fingertips.

This gesture made him feel as if he was in a dream. He tried to calm his erratic heart.

There was a time when they both had separate bedrooms. Also, even though it has been a year sleeping together they never cuddled, hugged, nor kissed. It was all mechanical with no passion and no feelings. Vivan knew it was, merely for the sake of her father, Hans Luis. He pressured Ira to have a child, his grandchild.

Unfortunately, that being the sole reason why she was in his bed.

He bowed his head to kiss her slightly open mouth. When his lips were little away from her, he stopped.

'What if she wakes up? Will she hate me?'

Vivan brushed her cheeks. His hand moved to touch her tummy and said 'Ira, it seems you have accepted us, the baby and me!'

Daybreak, with her eyes still close Ira stretched her arm across the bed to reach for the sleeping Vivan. Space, where the man was supposed to be was empty.

She opened her eyes in expectations of Vivan's habitual warm eyes.

What greeted her was cold, piercing eyes; as his voice shattered the quiet of the morning, rumbling, trembling, almost dangerous:

"You wanted to abort my child..."