Chapter 10 - Pregnant lady on board!

In the car, Ira stared at Vivan and gave out a chuckle.

Vivan asked, "What?"

He was driving the car. All the while they didn't talk much and she all os a sudden laughed at him.

Ira pointed at the speedometer.

"Look at the speed. As such, we will reach home only by dawn." Ira exclaimed with a soft laugh.

With a serious look, Vivan defended, "Pregnant lady on board need to slow down. What if you feel nauseous with me driving faster? It's better this way."

"Mm. Hm." Ira nodded. Her cheeks were flushed red.

In her hand was a red rose, which she can't help but smell repeatedly.

When Vivan came in her parent's house for dinner, he gave a bouquet of lilies to her mom. What she never expected was he placed a red rose in her hand and said: "For the beauty." Moreover, it was in front of everyone.

Ira was familiar with the gentle and caring Vivan, but a romantic one was a sudden surprise. He held her hands throughout the night.

"We have to go to the doctor. Can you take out some time tomorrow?" Vivan asked.

'Isn't this my line?' Ira thought.

"Yes," she responded. Yet his polite words hurt her.

When they got home, Vivan asked curiously, "Do you feel anything different?"

"Like what?" Ira was confused.

"You know, some movement or something,"

"Nope! It's too small yet. In 5-6 months, that's when I will feel the movements."

He sat on the sofa, pulled her waist to him and kissed her tummy.

"Kissing the baby, " He explained andsubconsciously looked at Ira, waiting for her to push him away, but she was still smiling.

"Baby made you soft, Ira" Vivan hugged her tightly.

On her bed, Ira saw a full body pillow for her.

On the table were magazines related to pregnancy care.

In the bathroom was a rubber mattress to prevent slipping on the wet floor.

In the hallway, there was a nightlight. He installed to prevent accidental bumping into things at night.

'Aww! He's so cute'.

She wanted to kiss him, but she was embarrassed.

He wanted to kiss her but wasn't brave enough.

The night before sleeping, Vivan gave her a cup of tea. "It's ginger tea. No caffeine at night, okay? It also helps morning sickness."

Like a good child, she drank it.

In their married life, they never fought with each other. They never even argued. Ira never nagged or criticized Vivan.

She just.... ignored him.

And he just.... obeyed her.

What does a strong woman or rather every woman need; is a man who listens to her every command!

Ira already had such a man; but, they lived in their own spaces. Vivan gave her time to open up, but she never did.

'She didn't ignore me today.' Vivan thought.

Without much hustle, their relationship was progressing.

Vivan felt encouraged seeing the cold Ira with a soft smile.

Ira felt Vivan was a bit different today. the baby was their trump card, they both thought.

The baby's arrival changed them and their relationship.

The next morning, Vivan served her hard-boiled eggs. "I know you love eggs. No poached or even scrambled eggs. No raw eggs in pregnancy too the books said so."

Ira felt ashamed. She laughed at her self who made plans on how to seduce Vivan with her foods and deserts.

'The way to a man's heart is through his stomach,'

Ira planned to do that.

Vivan was the one who was already years ahead for winning her heart in a stroke, with boiled eggs.

Yes! Eggs are her favorite food in the world. Easy to make, easy to cook and still have 50 different way to brew cook.

'I have to do something!' Ira realized she never knew what Vivan likes to eat.

'I need more information.' She knew only one reliable source; Vivan's only relative, his mom.