Chapter 7: Mom 'An Ordinary Housewife'

Even though the problem at the company was still unresolved, Ira didn't wish to affect her father's extremely jolly mood.

'I still have time to resolve conflicts in the office.'

Hence she left early.

She was anxious to meet her mother, Suha Hans.

----

In a huge mansion, there was a woman in plain clothes; her hair was tied up, and her old age was apparent by the wrinkles on her face; she was wearing a blue apron and a pair of yellow gloves.

She has a mop in her hands and a dusting rag on her shoulder.

'My mom is alive and well.'

Ira watched her transfixed. It was hardly a day ago that she was weeping at her funeral.

She has buried her mother with her own hands near her father and brother.

Seeing her standing in front of her eyes was a moment of bliss.

Her mom, unaware of her arrival was busy mopping the floor.

As Suha Hans saw her daughter, she removed her gloves and put it on her shoulder before running to Ira to pat her on her shoulder.

If it were Ira of the previous lifetime, she would have avoided Suha and just rolled her eyes before crying out 'dirty.'

Ira never understood her mom; who, even after having so many servants, did the cooking and cleaning by herself.

She resented her for being a 'stay-at-home' mom with her fantastic father who built his life to the limits of the sky; from rags to riches!

Ira felt that her mom contributed a lot less to the family than her dad.

Ira had a life full of regrets but what she regretted the most was: not appreciating her mom. Suha was taken for granted by everyone in the family.

'An ordinary housewife.'

This woman was one who not only stood on her feet but also carried her on her back. At times when they had no money, and there was no one to depend on.

This woman was unyielding and independent.

'I thought I was strong; I had grown up with a lot of experience in life as a businesswoman reaching the top of the ladder. Nevertheless, when the first difficulty arrived, I broke down.

This ordinary housewife was one who held me tight. Not letting me fall.'

Suha depended on Lu Han for everything. Even before cooking, she would ask Lu Han about his opinion on which dishes to be made. Although Suha was a well-educated woman, she never interfered with Lu Han's business. For her, her husband and children were her whole world.

When Lu Han died, being bankrupt and broke, Suha started a business of homemade lunch boxes to deliver them to offices. In contrast to Ira who was still crying on her fate. Slowly, with Ira's business mind and her mom's delicious cooking, they expanded their business.

Those were tough times!

In the present Ira hugged her mom tightly. Then she removed her mother's apron, took the mop from her hand and declared, "Let's have a Mom's day off."

Surprised by her sudden change, Suha instead asked, worriedly, "What happened? Is there something wrong? Do you want to talk?"

report this ad

Ira took her hand and seated her on the sofa "Mom, rest today. I will help you." Ira, who never held a mop or even a rag, was cleaning!?

"Mom! I will help you cook too!"

Suha was still in a daze 'Illusion. It is all an illusion.