Chapter 9: His Love

On the other end of the phone line, Vivan was beaming.

Although not many words were heard, the tone was comparatively the gentlest he heard. Ira's call relieved all burdens that he felt. The whole day, he couldn't concentrate on a single thing.

When he saw her breaking down yesterday, he didn't know whether it was tears of joy or tears of agony.

Vivan was uncertain as what response Ira had expected from him. She was on medications for a year for improving her fertility.

She wanted a baby, didn't she?

Nevertheless, he still has doubts as to why would she look into abortion clinics.

But still, he decided to trust her. He will just have a good talk with her.

Yes, he wanted a child anxiously! Not just a baby, it's their baby! He wanted, instead, needed their child.

'Baby, 2 years altogether, I could not tie your mom down with me. Now, you do it for me!'

What he heard on the phone wasn't just an invitation for a meal, it meant that Ira disclosed the pregnancy to her parents.

'Didn't that mean you are happy about the baby?'

Yes! He loves her.

He wanted to tell her, 'I like you, I have always liked you!' He also wanted to try kissing her, although he was aware that it would just disgust her even more.

She was a stubborn and arrogant woman who acts like a queen. Yet precisely this queen that made him fall in love... he fell in love with a strong woman and with her flaming aura.

However, he was a coward; a coward who can't even confess his love to his own "wife." In fear that she would leave him.

'Now with the assurance of a child, I will audaciously and shamelessly pursue you.' Vivan decided.

It was an arranged marriage for Ira, but it was love for him.

She thought that they have met only twice, the first was the blind date and then directly on the day of engagement, but she was wrong. They have met much earlier.

However, the day that she had forgotten about was precisely the day he got bewitched by her;

Their first meeting.

At the signal, a car screeched due to sudden brakes.

A woman just came in front of his car. Vivan eagerly got down to check on her.

As he didn't hear any cry for help, Vivan asked the woman, "Are you hurt? Do you want to go to the hospital?

"Are you hurt? Do you need to go to the hospital?"

The woman sat up, opened her purse, removed a Band-Aid from it, and she applied it calmly but swiftly on her knees. It was only when he saw her scraped knees and bruised hands. She was wearing a formal suit and a knee-length skirt.

When the woman was getting up, Vivan asked her: "Do you need help?"

"No."

While she just took the shoes with the broken heel in her hands and ran...

She took off her shoes that had broken heels in her hands, she suddenly ran.

She ran with scraped knees... didn't it hurt?

By the time he could react, she was long gone.

Then, in that very same day, Vivan saw her for the second time at her office.

He was hired to design and renovate the office.

While looking around the place, he saw the woman across the glass in the conference room.

The woman who just had an accident was standing proudly in front of 10 middle-aged men, and she was giving a presentation. Oddly, it seemed like a teacher giving a lecture for her students.

When he saw her constantly moving around, he was distressed.

Vivan's eyes could not help but fell on her bandaged knees. Her brows frowned in anger.

One of the band-aids was oozing with blood.

All eyes of the men were focused on her radiant face that no one noticed her wounded knees.

He was immediately bewitched!

She was a strong woman.

It was a woman who wore pain as diamonds on her neck.

Proud and noble.

Like his mother... Tara

Vivan was only 5 when his father left their home. His mother single-handedly raised him while, at the same time, became a distinguished designer. He wanted a woman like his mother.

That woman came to him, but he could not win her over.

Now, he would risk it all!