15

I woke up with a sharp pain on the side of my pelvis and the force send me straight flying out of the bed and I landed on the marbelled floor with a loud thud. "Hey!!  ... Owwww! " I moaned. I struggled up with sleepy eyes only to see my best friend conquering the whole bed. I nod my head in disappointment. I fish my phone from the night stand and turned it on. The time said. 8:40. Well it's not exactly early abut it ain't late either, so I hit the bathroom which still smelled like vomit. I quickly opened the windows and started to brush my teeth and  did my bathroom chores. After half and hour I was done with my duty and I decided to coax Amy into waking up. An idea struck my head. I took a little water in my hand and tip toed back into the room and near the bed and dropped all of the water on her face. She woke up flabagastered. "What the fuck are you doing!!! " She screeched. I laughed so hard at her expression. "Serves you right because you kicked me down this morning" She looked at me with no idea about what I was saying so I coaxed her to clean herself up. "Rose we are going shopping bitch, wear something comfy. " I rolled her eyes and took out a floral sundress and laid it on the bed. I took out my tied up flats and kept it aside for later in the morning. "Hey I am going down Amy, do come down for breakfast once you are done. " And I walked out of the door.

"Do you know I saw Ian with Stacy the day before in the mall. " Amy said. I looked up at her with awe. Stacy was my ex best friend and Ian my ex boyfriend. I wasn't surprised. I knew what they were doing behind my back but it's indeed a shame on my part that I  believed them. "Good for them I guess. " I meekly replied. Amy took another bite of the pancake and took out her phone. "We are leaving in 45 minutes. We need to get ready. " The house keeper came out of the kitchen and stood there as if she had something to say. "Is there something you want to say? " I asked her. She smiled . "Yes ma'am, I wanted to ask if you both will be here for lunch this afternoon. " I turned towards Amy for answers. "Well I don't think so... " She replied and the house keeper smiled and left. "Rose how do you have such excellent metabolism when you ate two more pancakes than I did. You always eat more than me yet I get more chubbier than you. " She pouted. "Well first of all, it's not bad to be chubby, chubby people are beautiful and and so are you and honestly you will be everything you are now if you become chubbier. " She rolled her eyes and said "Apparently not my clothes... "

I quickly got dressed and did my hair in soft curls and let it down. Amy did my makeup heavy today, going over 3 coats of Mascara, deep red lips, winged liners and bronzy blush and when I looked at myself in the mirror, I was pleasantly surprised. I should do this more often. "I have called Michael and he said he will be here in two." Michael was Amy's driver and he was more like a big brother than a driver to us since he has been driving us both since almost five years now. "Michael had a little baby boy last month for you know?" I turned towards her gleaming "wow that is so nice we should totally give him a present for his little boy. " She nodded  but also asked me to hurry up and put my shoes.  I hate being hurried and she knows it but I oblige anyway. Ugh.  Michael was on time and gave us the sweetest smile when we got in the the car. "Congratulations for you little boy Michael." I beamed at him and I could see him blush. "Why thank you Rose... " He said wile we made ourselves comfortable. "Where to? " And Amy directed him to this new mall that opened while I busied myself in my phone while Amy chatted my head away.

After almost 15 minutes the car took a very sharp turn that sent us flying inside the left side of the car. "Michael!!!" He took a different route turn and slowed down. "I am sorry girls but I had to... There was silver car following us from some time now and I couldn't take the risk. "  I and Amy looked at each other absolutely gobsmacked. "Who would follow us? " I asked Michael but he just tightened his jaw. "More importantly why would anybody follow us? " Amy chimed in. I head felt a bit tizzy but I didn't say anything. I think it's the sudden jolt that's making me a bit dizzy. "I think you are a bit mistakened Michael. Why and who would follow us... You are so protective of us, that's why you became paranoid. " Amy said and honestly I wanted to believe Amy but something kept on nagging in the back of my head. Something is not right. But I soon dismissed the thought .
As we took the longer route, it took us more time to reach the mall bit it was ok as long as we are in one piece. Amy held my hand and went straight to her favorite dress shop while I staggered to keep up with her hurrying feet. The sales woman instantly recognized Amy and she approached us right away. "Hello Dina, this is my friend Rose and she needs a dress for a night out. " Dina was a short red haired girl and was very pretty. She wore a reddish orange lipstick tht matched her hair and her blue eyes were contrasting with the other warmer shades. She smiled at me and asked me to follow her. She led us to an isle of shimmery, short and extra dresses which is exactly not my style. "Here try this." Dina took a black backless dress that reached to my mid thighs and had a strapless sweetheart neck line. I can probably pair this with a coat. "Oh heck no. I know that look. " Amy took that from my hands and shoved it in the hanging pile of dresses. She rummaged through them and took out a lacy red dress. It looked very revealing but I was strangely drawn towards it. I took the dress from her hands and inspected it or more like tried to before Amy literally pushed me in the dressing cubicle.

The dress went on me like a glove

The dress went on me like a glove. I was not liking the fact that I really liked the dress. I took a long breath before I came out to show Amy. "Oh. My. God. " Amy exclaimed in staccato. A guy walked past us and whistled at me. "Looking fab sugar. " Heat quickly rose to my face and I was a tomato. "That blush on your cheeks matches your name and dress. " Amy said with a straight face before we both bursted out laughing. I went in and changed into my old clothes and asked Dina to pack this for us. Amy too found a dress for herself and we literally we two happy customers exiting the store. "It went on better and faster than I expected. " Amy told and for once I couldn't agree more. We then from the dress store went straight to the show store where Amy again took the lead to explain what shoe is she looking for me. "Say no more senorita. " The salesman said once Amy showed him the dress and he disappeared in the crowd . "I wonder how he is so confident. If I don't like it I will be giving him a piece of my mind. " I giggled at her. "You are just jealous that you found a competition. " I teased her while she pouted at me. The salesman was back within five minutes and he didn't disappoint neither of us. He revealed the most gorgeous pair of shoes I have ever seen.

"It's perfect! " I exclaimed and the salesman smiled at me

"It's perfect! " I exclaimed and the salesman smiled at me. "So senorita should I pack it for you? " I nodded. Amy didn't take long to find her pair and we went off from the shop. "Now I need some food. " Amy whined. I agree. We didn't even realize how late it was in the afternoon until our stomach informed us grudgingly. We went in a small Italian restaurant and got ourselves some pasta. "Today was a successful and satisfying trip. " Amy said while she stuffed her face with pasta. It would be a lie if I would say I wasn't gorging myself. Nowadays I am so hungry all the time. "I agree, the shoes and the dress are incredible. " Amy smile at me but her eyes were on the other side of the room against a glass wall trying to look at something. "Is everything okay Amy?" I asked her and she immediately diverted her attention to me. "Yes babe, I was just looking at a girl whom I felt looked very similar. " She replied. I scrunched my eyebrows in curiosity. "Is that someone I know? " I asked while she looked down at her plate. "Oh no no, she looked like a girl who used to be my neighbor before. " She said but her smile was very unevering. I again dismissed the rising thoughts and concentrated on my food. A slight chill ran across my spine and body. Is my mind trying to say or warn me against something? Is somebody watching us?  Or is somebody watching me. I looked back again and as soon as I turned on felt like I saw someone whom I could not imagine to be here. No. That's ridiculous. She can't be here. It's my mind playing games. Probably someone who looked like her. I worry without reason. I pushed down all the doubts that clumped in my brain and resumed eating while chanting a mantra in my head.
"Nothing is going to happen. "
......................................................................Hey guys as promised I am back with a bonus chapter this week. College is hectic. I hope  I could bring a nice chapter to you. It's unedited and if you see any error do feel free to point it out. I would appreciate that. Also do tell me what you think of this chapter. It can be anything, assumptions, predictions, questions... Anything. I love to read the comments you guys put up. Don't forget to turn that white star  yellow⭐. And do stay tuned for more. Love you.