Part 3

Aiden came out from the bar after drinking up his 3rd beer. Madison had left a few minutes ago and so had the shady guys. He could feel the small bit of alcohol running through his veins.

He stepped out and closed the door behind him. It was a bit cold as he shrugged, not really getting his warmth.

Suddenly he heard something coming from behind him. Aiden saw 4 guys attacking a girl trying to make her pass out. He stood there for a moment and just stared carelessly until he saw who the girl was. Madison. She struggled to get free from the man's grip but the cloth of poison made her pass out. The alcohol was now pumping through Aiden's veins and he could feel the anger boiling inside of him.

Aiden quickly ran towards the 4 guys and fought them. He was a skilled fighter, he was used to it. One man down. It was the only thing he was good at. Two men down. To kill. Three men down.

The man with Madison froze as he watched Aiden standing with heavy breaths, evil shining through his eyes. He gritted his teeth and a small smirk was playing on his lips. Oh no, think again, he thought to himself, thinking towards the man. He took a step forward, the other went backward. Aiden tilted his head to the side, slightly amused by the man's response to his move.

Within a few seconds, he was in front of the man and took a hold of his arm, pulling him away from Madison. She fell to the ground as he tried to get the man away. "Sh*t," he cursed under his breath. He turned the attention back to the man. Giving him a few punches in the face and held him by the neck of his shirt.

"Who do you work for?" he yelled at the person, furious. The man kept his mouth shut as he stared into Aiden's eyes.

"God damn it!!" Aiden yelled. "You go tell your boss that they are never going to get her. She is mine! Mine to kill! Do you get it?!" The adrenaline had taken over him, there was no way he could stop. The killer-machine had reached his mind.

Aiden furiously threw the man to the ground and let them all escape from him. He stepped backward, suddenly feeling dizzy. This was not good. He couldn't control it.

Someone stepped out of the bar, gasping. "We need to call an ambulance. Quickly!" a voice yelled. Aiden bowed down and placed his hands on his knees, breathing out. The exhaustion came rushing and he shook. He closed his eyes, taking in one deep breath, clearing his mind.

After a few seconds, Aiden straightened his back and looked in the direction of Madison. She was laying on the ground, motionless. The sirens became louder as the ambulance came nearer.

..*..

Madison woke up in the hospital bed some hours later. Her back was aching and so did her head, a lot in a matter of fact. She raised a hand, placing it on her forehead. She felt a bandage around her head. Frowning, she slowly started sitting up in the bed. She groaned in pain, gritting her teeth and closing her eyes. She was confused.

"What happened?" she asked herself. The last thing she remembered was someone's hand gripping her wrist and a cloth. She opened her eyes again and looked around in her room still confused. Did she fade?

Suddenly something moved beside her, and Madison jumped, startled by the sudden move. Her eyes widen a bit when she saw the person sitting beside her on a chair. "Aiden?" she mumbled. The guy she had met not longer than a half day ago, was sitting beside her, sleeping. His mouth was slightly open, breathing in the air. He had a bruise on his cheek. This made Madison frown even more. Seriously, what happened?! she thought. She was a bit confused. No, that was an underestimation. She was totally, flipping, out of her mind, confused, like a lot.

Madison stared at the sleeping guy. Why is he here? After a moment, she took the chance to check the sleeping guy out. She noticed his broad shoulders and his muscular arms. He looked like a guy that worked out a lot. She eyed him, taking in his features once again. She had to admit, he wasn't the worst looking guy.

"Like what you see?" a deep voice said from the now awake guy, he still had his eyes closed though.

"Wha...wh..what?" Madison stuttered, looking away from him. Her head was still hurting.

"I saw you staring," a smirk played on his lips. He leaned his head back. Haha, caught you, he laughed inside himself. Madison turned her head away again, trying hard not to blush. Aiden's expression suddenly turned serious and he stood up from the chair walking up to Madison's bed. He put a hand on top of her head and bowed down to be at eye level with her. Madison slightly winced by the touch. He looked at her like she was the most fragile thing in the world. Yet Madison noticed the dark shade, dominating his eyes.

"How are you feeling?" he asked as he stared into her eyes. She blinked a few times, taken aback by his sudden move. A little pain hit her head.

"Uhm, I am okay, I guess. I just have a headache," she pointed at his hand. He quickly took his hand back, straightening up.

"Sorry," he mumbled when he looked at his hand. Madison looked at him, frowning.

"But what happened to you?" she asked, motioning towards the bruise on his cheek. He pulled the stool over towards her hospital bed and sat down beside her, his head in his palms.

"Argh, it's nothing. Just a scratch from a fight," he told her, staring straight out at nothing. "Do you remember anything from last night?"

Madison shook her head. "The last thing I remember is: I was done with work and stood outside and looked at the stars and then darkness."

Suddenly the door opened to the room and a nurse entered along with two people.

"Good morning Miss Jones. Hope you have been doing alright. You are getting discharged tomorrow morning, we need to take a few more test. But until then, I met some of your friends on the way." the nurse smiled at her. The nurse's long blond hair and ocean blue eyes were intimidating, and her smile was fake. She kept glancing at Aiden who was still sitting beside Madison, looking rather displeased.

Madison shook her head and turned her attention to the two people standing in the doorway. The nurse left and Madison put on a smile when she saw her best friends.

"Oh my god! I am so glad that you are okay. I was so worried," the girl friend whined, spreading her arms going for a hug. Madison hugged her back, glad that she was there.

"It's okay, Clara. I am just glad that you are here." They smiled at each other when they let go. Madison looked behind her friend and saw a dirty-blond haired boy standing against the wall. His eyes were fixed on Aiden who sat, now very relaxed and watched the two girls embrace.

"Luke?" Madison tilted her head to the side.

"Madi, who is that?" he asked, his eyes still fixed on Aiden. She turned to Aiden who stared back at Luke with an intimidating look. They looked like two dogs who had trespassed each other's boundaries. Oh no, she thought. If she didn't do something now, it looked like they would kill each other.

"Oh..ehm... This is Aiden, a guy I met yesterday," she quickly told him, hoping both of them would calm down.

"Is he the one who did that to you?!" Luke almost yelled looking at me. There was a glimpse of anger in his eyes.

"Woah Woah. Luke seriously? You can't just get angry at a person you just met. You don't even know him!" Madison had lost her patience, her headache getting worse.

She looked back at Aiden who kept staring back at Luke. His face expression was cold but he kept his seat. Thank god, he can control himself, she thought.

"Now let me tell you something. He was the one who got me out of trouble last night. Do you get it? He saved me! So you have no right to get angry at him out of nowhere!"

Luke's eyes widen and so did Aiden's.
"You remember?" Aiden whispered, looking at her with a scared look on his face.

Why does he look so scared? Madison frowned.

"Technology, no. But I could figure it out," she told him looking at him a little skeptical. He nodded and looked down, staring at the ground.

What if she had heard me... Aiden got lost in his thoughts. What if she knows?