Part 4

"Aiden?" Madison snapped her fingers out in front of the guy's face. He slightly jumped dragging himself away from the deep thoughts. He looked confused up at the girl sitting on the hospital bed.

"What?" he asked. She rolled her eyes. "You just stoned out for a moment." She sounded annoyed. He totally forgot about his staring contest with Luke.

"Oh, I'm sorry," he looked down, not really wanting any attention. He needed to keep his head as low as possible to complete his mission.

Some time passed and it was time for Madison's two friends to leave. The two of them stood in the doorway when Luke turned around to look back at the guy still sitting next to her bed.

"Aren't you going too?" he raised an eyebrow at Aiden, his voice had a sign of anger in it.

Aiden looked at Luke and put on a smirk. "I don't see why I should leave," he answered. Luke huffed, very annoyed by Aiden's answer. The dark haired guy leaned back into his stool, trying his best to annoy Luke even more. He closed his eyes, still keeping on the playful smirk. Luke was about to confront him when Clara grabbed his wrist, pulling him away and out of the room.

"Bye!" she shouted. "Get better soon, okay?"

"Okay, I will!" Madison shouted back, giggling at her friend's behavior.

She turned to the guy still sitting beside her, now with a satisfied grin. She rolled her eyes, but it turned into a frown. Why was he even still here?

"Excuse me, sir," she caught his attention. "Why did you even stay here? It's not like we know each other." She looked at him in confusion.

Aiden thought for a moment, figuring out what to say. Then he turned to her giving her a small smile.

"That's exactly it. I want to know you. I want to know everything," he answered her question, his face became darker and more serious. Madison nodded but kept frowning.

"But why? It's not like I am some kind of celebrity."

Aiden stared into her eyes, leaning a bit closer. "But to me, you are just as interesting and mysterious as one. That's why I am staying."

Madison's eyes widen a bit at his reason. No one had ever told her something like this. Was this really why he was here? Because she was interesting? She laid back into her bed and stared at the ceiling. Aiden followed her action, leaning back into his chair. He hid the small evil grin on his face. First part of the mission complete.

Within a few minutes, both of them drifted off to sleep, finally realizing how tired they were. Aiden, however, fell into an unsteady sleep.

....

"You need to find the girl and get the information I need. She needs to find you interesting and to be almost smitten with you. Make her trust you, so no one will suspect you for your crimes. That way you can also get your answers. Find out what she knows and kill her. It all has something to do with you and me." The woman leaned down to where he sat and held her head near his. "And we don't want our secret to getting revealed, do we?" Aiden shook his head taking in the order the woman gave him. Their heads were close, lips inches apart from each other. He could feel her warm breath on his lips. It sent chills through his body.

He knew it was wrong, but what could he do. She owned him, he was bound to her. If he didn't do what she asked, she would ruin his world. Not that she didn't already succeed doing that part, he was broken inside, but she had something that meant too much to him. Something that he would not lose for anything, and if it meant that he had to be her killer puppet in order to keep it safe, he would take the risk. He had no other choice.

The woman leaned closer, her lips brushing against his. He knew what she wanted. "Let's get it over with then." An evil grin spread on her face the evilness shone from her eyes. She closed the distance between them and Aiden already felt regret. After all these years, how could he still be doing this?

....

Aiden's eyes shot open, the sweat running down his forehead. His breathing was heavy and he could feel his heart pounding fast in his chest. He sat up, leaning forward and placed a hand on his forehead. He felt confused and scared, and for a second he didn't know where he was. He frantically looked around in the room he was in.

He was still in the hospital room as he remembered what had happened earlier. He looked in the direction of the hospital bed. Madison slept peacefully on the white pillow, buried under the covers.

Aiden pulled his stool closer to the bed, keeping as silent as possible. He folded his arms and placed them on the bed beside Madison's body and he laid his head on top of them. He then studied Madison's features, taking it all in. Her long wavy hair laid messy around her face some of it covering her right eye.

Aiden slowly lifted his arm, carefully removing the hair from her face revealing a scar just above her eyebrow. She must have gotten it when she fell at the bar, he thought. He traced his thumb over her cheek. Her eyelashes were long, her nose tiny and her red lips plump. It all fit perfectly to her round face. He went back to the same position as before, watching her breath in and out.

"But why do you have to be so beautiful?" he mumbled to himself. Suddenly he felt all sleepy again and he slowly closed his eyes, this time drifting off to a deep dreamless sleep.