Part 5

Madison woke up the next morning, laying on her back in the hospital bed. She stretched her arms up in the air and yawned. Then she opened her eyes and sat up, looking around. A nurse had put her clothes on the foot end of the bed, washed and clean, ready for her to go home. She noticed something beside her, leaning against the bed. Aiden had his arms folded under his head. His mouth was slightly parted and it looked like he was in a deep sleep.

Madison studied him to see if he was really asleep, but the silent snores confirmed her suspicion. 

Suddenly something vibrated on the small coffee table at the window and a phone lit up, showing a received text. Madison slowly got up from the bed, carefully, the curiosity had taken over her. She tried her best not to wake the sleeping Aiden up. 

She got to the table and pressed the home button and the screen lit up once again. He had 10 missed calls from the same person. The text showed: 

Text from: Miss Felicity Johnson 

Madison frowned. She had heard that name before, somewhere. But it seemed far away. She continued to read down as she got to the text itself.

Miss Felicity Johnson: Where are you?

Miss Felicity Johnson: Meet me at the plaza at 6 PM

She picked up the phone and studied the texts, it looked like the woman needed him. She was so deep in thoughts of who the woman was, that she didn't notice the tall dark-haired guy sneaking up behind her. 

"What are you doing? I didn't think it was nice to stick your nose in other people's business?" 

The deep voice startled Madison and made her jump. She slowly turned around, facing the tall guy standing behind her with crossed arms. 

"Ehm, I wasn't doing anything. I just wanted to tell you that you had gotten a text," Madison answered him trying to be as sassy as possible, yet she felt the nervousness sneaking slowly up behind her. Aiden looked at her suspiciously, his face expression was like stone. He huffed. She looked down to the floor as he snatched his phone out of her hand. 

His face got even harder when he looked at the screen but quickly turned to helpless. He sighed.

"I have to go," he turned around towards the door, not even sparing Madison a look. She just stayed in her position while watching Aiden as he walked out of the door until he was out of sight.  

She released the breath she didn't know she was holding. Collecting her thoughts, she went to dress up and get ready to sign out of the hospital.

..*..

It was about 7 PM when Madison came back to her apartment. The doctor had told her to stay at home for a few days and just relax. So that was what she was planning to do. She opened the door and walked into the apartment. Looking around, the apartment looked rather dark and dull. It gave Madison an empty and sad feeling inside. She was alone once again. 

She sat down on the soft couch, turning on the TV. The news was on, a man explaining the weather. Madison didn't really listen, she just stared at the TV, not following at all, she was deep in thoughts. 

It had been two weird days, she thought to herself. The guys had attacked her out of nowhere that night. She leaned back to look at the ceiling as she frowned. Last night in the hospital she had had a dream. Madison was determined that it was memories from that night. It just didn't make sense. Aiden didn't make sense. The guy had followed her to work and watched her all night. She did keep an eye on him in the bar. Madison found him suspicious.  

She sat straight up again, her eyes squinting as she thought about the memory. The men attacked her in front of the bar, trying to kidnap her. She slowly lifted a hand to her mouth and nose, where the cloth had been. She still remembered the smell of the poison. 

Then, out of nowhere, Aiden had come for her, fighting against the bad guys. She remembered him talking to them before she passed out completely, but didn't remember exactly what it was he said. It was the only thing she couldn't remember clearly, but it made no sense when she passed out. After that was total darkness.

Madison shook her head, rising from the couch, she suddenly felt dizzy. "I guess I need to go to bed now," she told herself, as she walked towards her bedroom. She was still exhausted after all the events. As soon as she hit the soft madras, she cuddled into the duvet and pillow, allowing herself to fall into a heavy and dreamless sleep.