Part 6

"What do you want?" Aiden asks the woman in front of him. She just smiles confidently with dark eyes as she checks the guy out. 

"She sent me to get a report from our angel," Felicity smirked while leaning forward, taking in the features of the handsome guy. Aiden rolled his eyes annoyed, feeling uncomfortable under her intimidating stare. 

"I am not going to report anything. I never do." His eyes were hard as stone as he leaned back into the chair, looking around the plaza. It was 7.30 in the evening and the shops were slowly starting to close, a few cafés still open. "What are you really doing here?" he asked the girl. The woman usually sents Felicity to him, when she needs something herself. But this time the girl had come on her own. And he knew why.

Felicity let out a whiny sigh. "I just miss you," she pouted, trying to catch Aiden's eyes, yet she failed. The guy did not want any eye contact. He rolled his eyes once again and rose from his seat, about to leave, when a hand grabbed his. 

"Please Aiden. I really do. I miss you, your touch, your everything," she whispers. "I thought we had something special." That made Aiden laugh as he turned towards the now helpless girl once again. He bent down to be on the same level as her, smirking. This was when Felicity finally got the eye contact she needed, but it was not the same as she had thought. His stare was cold and patronizing. She slowly released the hand she was holding. Aiden stopped right in front of Felicity's face, only centimeters away from her. 

"Had something special?" he huffed. "I never had any feelings for you, in any way. I just like to play around, you know? To make time go faster." Felicity had a hurt and scared look on her face when he pulled back. "Just leave me the f*ck alone." With that Aiden turned around, leaving the lost and pained girl behind. He found himself smiling satisfied. Now he didn't need to worry about that girl annoying him anymore. 

~~*~~

The next morning, Madison woke up early. Even though she was still tired, she could not sleep anymore. It was still dark outside, the sun had not come out yet. She stood up from the bed, walking into the kitchen, searching for the coffee powder and water. She sighed when she realized the powder bag was empty. Madison was in desperate need of coffee, yet she was left with nothing. She sighed again. "Guess I'll need to go to a café," she said to herself. 

She slowly dragged her sleepy body back into the bedroom, putting some comfortable clothes on. A hoodie and some sweatpants were her first choice. 

Meanwhile, Aiden was outside, sitting on the staircase by the building beside Madison's apartment. He had been watching the door ever since he left Felicity the night before. It was a part of his plan. To get to know Madison, without getting too close to her. And what better way to do that, than watching her from afar. He needed to know everything in order to get into her mind, to find her soft spot. That was the key to the secrets she was hiding.   

Aiden jumped a little when Madison opened the door and walked out in the cold air. She shivered as the cold wind hit her body. Madison looked around the street, not seeing Aiden due to the dark clothes and hood he was wearing. She began walking down the street toward the plaza, as Aiden stood up, jumping soundlessly down from the staircase. She doesn't notice him at all. 

He followed her to a small café with candles and low light. The shop looked comfortable and silent, only two costumers there when Madison stepped in. She walked up to the counter, smiling at the assistant behind it. 

"What can I do for you?" the waiter asked, smiling back at her. 

"Oh, just a simple cup of coffee, please," Madison answered while smiling back. She sat down at a table while she waited for her drink to come. While she was waiting, Madison found herself deep in thoughts. She kept thinking of the name from Aiden's phone. Felicity Johnson. She knew she had heard it before, but she just could not remember where. The only thing she could remember was that it had something to do with her father. 

Madison took a sip of the hot coffee, still deep in thoughts, when the shop's doorbell ringed confirming a person's entering. Dressed in all black, the guy sat down on the chair opposite from Madison. 

"Funny meeting you here, miss Madison," the deep voice said. Madison slightly jumped in her seat and looked toward the dark-haired guy. Aiden played with his fingers on the table, drumming rhythms, his expression filled with boredom. Madison's eyes widen as she recognized him. 

"What are you doing here?" Madison asked still surprised. "Do you live near here?"

Aiden put on a small smile before answering, "You could say that." He shifted in his seat, looking out of the window. They started talking and spend almost an hour talking about this and that. Madison actually enjoyed the sudden company and Aiden had to admit that the girl in front of him was nice to talk to. When Madison finished telling a story about whatever, a calm silence fell upon them. She had noticed something during the conversation; she had spoken about herself most of the time, but when she tried asking Aiden about him, he changed the topic, leading her to keep on speaking instead.

She found the guy mysterious, a lot to say the least. He would not let her know anything about him at all. Suddenly, she thought about the incident again, when he saved her. She thought, he was interesting and handsome as she carefully skimmed his features once again. 

Aiden noticed her stare, her curious expression as she studied him. She was not very good at hiding it. 

He lifted his arm, looking at the watch on his wrist, sighing, would she please leave soon? As much as he liked it when a girl checked him out, he wanted their little meeting to be over soon. As the thought hit his mind, Madison rose from her seat and picked up her coat. "Well, it was nice to meet you again, Aiden," she smiled sweetly at him. Aiden nodded, humming in agreement. "Bye then." she turned around, walking towards the door. 

"Hey, before you go," Aiden quickly rose from the chair too and jogged towards Madison, stopping her. He pulled out his phone, unlocking it and shoving it to Madison. "Can I have your number?" he smirked at her.