Ionic - The Mistic Shadow Phoenix

Iona stood staring at the door before her in utter amazement. It looked a little odd, hazy and blurred, like something half seen through mist.

In a way, that was only too apt a description for it, as Iona could slide her hand through the door as easily as if it was indeed made of mist. She could do far more than that, though, as her testing the last few hours had shown.

While the door would only stay mist as long as she touched it, in that state she could make it do many other things. It was as if the air that composed it was bound to her beck and call.

She could warp it with her mind, open it and close it, anything she really wished as long as it stayed in contact with her hand. It was fascinating.

The power didn't just extend to the door, either. Iona could, by merely thinking about it, turn any item that she touched into the same airy pseudo-gaseousness and then control it.

She could even do it to herself, allowing things to pass through her like smoke, although, apparently she could not do it to other people.

More so, the control effect wasn't limited to only things that she had changed either. The very air around her seemed to heed her every whim, swirling and shaping itself as she saw fit, even letting her see the world around her in a sense that she suspected was similar to sonar.

These powers by themselves would have been amazing, but probably the most marvelous thing about them to Iona was that they were on top of the other mutations that had already occured, lightening fast reflexes and deadly accurate fighting abilities, as well as superhuman strength. The strength seemed to only kick in when her adrenaline was high, like if she got attacked, but whether she could call it up on demand or not didn't matter, it was still amazing.

Her mutations could have just as easily been something that reduced her to a pile of squirming tentacles, which made her feel even more incredibly lucky. Not that she didn't deserve this. Truly finding that serum had been destiny.

"Simply marvelous," Iona purred as she toyed with the door, still not comfortable with the sultry, sexy sound of her voice.

It had taken about three weeks longer than the research found to be the average, but the changes to her body finally seemed to be complete.

Underneath the blubbery whale that she'd once been, the serum had unearthed a truly beautiful, fairy-like creature. She was a little on the tall side for a girl, at six feet, with a trim slender frame and delectable curves.

She knew from her few outings that men found her quite irresistible, with her full bust, perfectly preportioned butt, curvaceous hips, trim waist, long legs, creamy skin, soul piercing lilac eyes, and exotic tousle of pale lilac hair.

In many ways, her appearance was a superpower in and of itself, and Iona was determined to use it to her advantage, regardless of any misgivings it gave to her former male self.

Iona had blocked the boy that she had once been, from her mind, focusing her time on eradicating every last trace of him from her mannerisms and dress - and she'd had a lot of time to do so while staying home waiting for the changes to finish.

It was all just another tool to go with her atomic manipulation powers, exemplar strength, and keen intellect. With all of them combined, she felt unstoppable.

No longer was she the withering wimp of a boy that everyone picked on and made fun of. A boy who couldn't defend himself and had no friends. No, she was as the mythical phoenix, reborn from the ashes of her former self, and destined to conquer the world.

"I wonder what the boys at school will think," Iona mused, giggling softly to herself, as she admired her sultry, sexy, irresistible appearance.

She knew exactly what they would think. Her being a mutant would not matter - for some of the boys they would even consider it a plus. All that would matter was that she was the most attractive thing they had ever seen.

Even when they inevitably found out that she had once been a boy, she doubted it would change anything. Only a select few males, like her former self, were anything but simpletons that were easily controlled by a pretty girl.

The true enigma to Iona was how the girls would react. Girls were an unknown variable to her, creatures of beauty but also mystery.

She'd never had a female friend or a girlfriend, had not interacted for more than a few words with any while she was out, nor had any other inlet into that world.

Because of that, she could not fathom what their reaction might be. The best that she could do was pretend to be one of them while just waiting to see how they reacted.

She had done her research, spent countless hours practicing and rehearsing, but she knew that she couldn't prepare for every unknown. It didn't worry her much, though. Whether they accepted her or not was of little consequence in the end, as she wasn't trying to appease anyone else.

She was superior to the other girls in every way, and their denial of that would only prove them petty and unworthy of her attention. She'd never needed friends before, and she didn't need them now.