Chapter 1

Why does it have to be me, I never wanted this, I mean no one wanted this, but I never wanted to be special. Everyones tested for blood type the day they turn 18, and I had just been tested.

"Well this is odd..." The vampire of a doctor muttered under his breath. I was very much out of It due from the narcotics we're given before leaving a cage. Things were doubled to me and very hazy, from what I could make out in the time he sat in a chair with a small vile of my blood in hand.

"The type?"

"From what I can tell... AB-, which means you are in luck Sir!" He span around in his chair to face the old and fat vampire we all called Sir.

"AB-!" He shouted and laughed, happily.

"I have been waiting for this moment my entire life! Do you know how rich I'm to be! My wife will be so happy to hear this, tonight we shall feast!" He yelled throughout the doctors surgery, a couple people came out of their rooms to congratulate him.

I blacked out again after the commotion not fully remembering what happened.

~

I woke up hazily to find myself in another cage/cell, it wasn't one I was familiar with as I had been moved quite a lot in the past 18 years but I didn't think much of it. No one was fed on until they turned 18 and was auctioned off, they allowed us to...mature and age for a better taste or for other uses, it didn't make anyone less scared of each day than they were.

I tried sitting up a little more and taking a look around the place. The place was a lot more guarded then the others, here were guards at each cell and a routinely walk around. I put my hands on the bars and had the quickly hit away.

"Back." I obeyed not wanting any trouble and shuffled back a little on my bum. As I moved I felt something tagged around my ankle. I faffed around with the tag to get the little piece of paper sticking out to turn towards me and finally managed to read,

'AB-'

"No..." I muttered under my breath with my hands around my rather dirtied and bloodied ankle. I can't have turned out to be one of the few AB-'s in the world. Tears formed at the corners of my eyes as I held onto the tag only praying that it would change. Please, I have to be reading this wrong...

I wanted to turn 18 and have this life over with, quickly feeling the blood from my body be drained and the final seconds of peace as I leave this world. It's all I wanted. I felt all hope leave my body as I slumped onto my back. AB-'s we're the rarest blood type in humans and were never left to die after their purpose, they got used continuously after the first sample, being allowed to heal and then drained again and then heal and so on. Depending on the vampire and how they enjoyed eating you were grateful if they used you once and left to die, but AB-'s were just apparently that good. I never fought with it, I was one of the few I had just learned to accept it and move on. There really was no point fussing over it.

"PRESENT!" A loud booming voice called out to us from down the hall snapping me out of my haze. Everyone knew this meant you had to sit at the front of your cage in the best form you possibly could and so I did like everyone else, presenting myself neatly, back straight on my knees.

A man of very good stature walked down the halls of cages with two young vampiric women behind him. He muttered to them continuously pointing at some livestock every now and then, I was one of them being pointed at.

"Make them... best... possible...lots of.... buyers...don't fail." Is all I caught before he continued to walk off, I awaited patiently for him to lap back down the corridor, this must be the start of my end.