Chapter 22 // He'll Come Around

Chloe's POV.

One week later.

After what had happened last week, I was given a week off to heal and recover. Which might not have seemed like a lot of time to most people, but I was not a fan of sitting around all day moping about my injuries and wanted to get back to work as soon as possible. Plus, not having anything to do gave me a lot of time to remember everything that happened. I would have rather been solving a case.

They came to visit me during my one week vacation. JJ, Morgan, Garcia, and even Hotch and Rossi. Garcia visited more than once, though, each time bringing homemade cookies or brownies. Reid, however, did not visit once. Not even a phone call or text to see how I was doing. At first, I figured that he might've been busy. Then I remembered that he was Spencer Reid, and him having plans was a one in a million chance.

Walking in to the BAU building, I spotted him over at the coffee station. However after being over there for about five minutes while getting coffee for myself, he didn't even make eye contact. "No 'hello' or 'welcome back'?" I asked while smiling, hoping he'd take it as a joke.

"Welcome back, Chloe." He replied before quickly walking away and over to JJ and Morgan. That was weird, I thought to myself. Then again, I wasn't exactly surprised.

"It's time for the briefing." Agent Hotchner called out to us from the conference room. "Oh, good to see you back, Campbell." He said while giving me a small smile. That was the thing that I had learned about Hotch over the past few months, he rarely smiled. Yeah, it could come off as unwelcoming or extremely stern, but it was just the way he was and everyone knew that he was a great person. Not even deep down, but right at the surface. "Glad to be back, Hotch." I replied before taking a seat next to Morgan.

"Today, you will be taking a trip down to the beautiful Las Vegas. However, I'm sad to say that it's not for a night of gambling." Garcia said as she clicked the remote, revealing the photos of the victims. "Andrea Rivara, thirty-two, was found murdered in her home three nights ago along with her husband, Richard Rivara. Their five year old daughter, Gabriella, was nowhere to be found."

"So the unsub is killing the parents in order to get to the children?" I asked, flipping through the photos in my file. " You are one-hundred percent correct, Chloe." Garcia replied and clicked the remote again, showing us a new set of victims. "Now, these are thirty-one year old Tracy Warren and thirty-five year old Jake Warren, found murdered in their home last night. Their six year old daughter, Taylor, was also nowhere to be found." Letting out a sigh, Garcia continued, "Gabriella was found dead only a few blocks away from the Warren household the next morning."

"The victims appear to be stabbed repeatedly. The unsub wanted them to suffer." JJ observed. "He's killing the first victim's child before moving on and abducting the second. He doesn't want these children. He is using them for something." Rossi concluded before closing his file. "If this is true, we have two more days to find Taylor alive. Wheels up in thirty." Hotch said and left the room. As the rest of us started to leave I quickly caught up to Morgan.

"Woah, slow down there pretty lady." He said with a chuckle. "Not being able to leave my house for a week has given me a lot of energy." I paused and kept walking with him until Reid was out of hearing distance. "So, do you have any idea as to why he's been ignoring me?" I asked while motioning towards Reid.

"Yeah, I was wondering that too." Morgan replied, looking over at him. "I know that he didn't visit you during your week off, which is pretty surprising. I would have figured that he'd pay you a visit more than once."

"Well, back at the hospital he was about to say something to me and then cut himself off. When I asked him about what he was going to say, he snapped at me and left." I informed Morgan, hoping that telling him would help the two of us figure out why exactly Reid was acting this way.

"Actually, he did the same thing to me when I asked him about you the other day. This might sound dumb, but give him some time. Hopefully he'll come around and explain everything. We've got other things to focus on right now, don't we?"

"Yeah, we do." I nodded.

***Author's note: Hey guys! Sorry that I'm only uploading about once a week now. It's because of school and then my after school sports and obviously homework. I'll try to update more if I can, but I hope that you all enjoyed this chapter! Oh, and thank you so so so much for 3k reads! You guys are amazing. :) x