Chapter 35 // Too Obvious

Author's Note: Hey guys! Sorry for such a long wait! But I hope that you all enjoy this chapter. Also, I have decided to write the other story that I mentioned in my last Author's Note so I am going to be making the trailer today and then I'll post it here once I come up with a title. One last thing, like I said each case from now on will be based off of the cases in each episode of Criminal Minds Season 10. So the last case was from 10x01 and the case in this one is from 10x02. However, I made some changes for it to fit the story line so if you have already seen 10x02, then this will not be exactly like it.xx

Chloe's POV.

It was no surprise that the BAU was almost empty once the six of us arrived. Most people went home around 5:30 if there were no new cases and all of their paperwork was done. You could practically hear a pin drop in the building.

I grabbed my to-go bag from my car before Spencer and I drove to the BAU and made sure to sneak in to the bathroom to change out of my dress and in to a pair of jeans and a sweater before the rest of the team saw me.

Once we were all seated in the conference room, you could feel the tension between all of us. We were a team of profilers, for God's sake. They knew something was up from the moment that Spencer and I walked in five minutes late together with coffee. And it was obvious that Garcia could smell my strawberry chapstick all over Spencer's lips. She took one whiff and then gave us both an 'I know what you did' look.

However, luckily no one spoke up about it and by the time we boarded the plane, I was pretty sure that everyone had moved on. The case was in Seattle, Washington. Two men were found murdered who were within the same age range.

"Alright, victimology, Dan Chen had two children and Joe Hasley was single." Hotch said as he opened the victim reports.

"First guy was a doctor, the other was a contractor." I said as took a seat next to JJ and across from Morgan. Spencer was standing next to Morgan's seat and Rossi and Hotch were seated across the aisle.

"Socially, they wouldn't overlap." JJ said, which was true. Why would a doctor and a contractor have anything in common?

"Maybe not professionally, but one could've been a patient, or the doctor could've hired the contractor." Morgan stated. "I already checked, they don't know eachother." Garcia said from the videochat that we had with her on Hotch's laptop. "So they were victim's of opportunity." Rossi concluded before Spencer finally spoke up, "Well why change from strangulation to running over victims in a car?"

"It seems impulsive, which implies that he's young and inexperienced." I replied before looking up from the report and making eye contact with him. The plane was silent for a good five seconds while the team just stared with knowing eyes at the two of us. Giggles could be heard from Garcia from the video chat and Spencer quickly spoke up again so that no one would question why she was laughing, "Uh, well, he could've been older. If he was younger then he wouldn't of had the strength to pull this off."

"Excuse me, Hotch."

"Yes Garcia?"

"The third victim Mike Richman was just found four miles from where they found the last victim."

The team all gave each other concerned glances before focusing on the screen that Garcia was on. "How was he killed?" JJ asked. "He drowned. They found his discarded body on Aurora Avenue.

"That's near the last victim's abduction sight." Spencer informed us before biting down on his bottom lip and looking at the files. I guess that I had been staring at him for a while because Morgan eventually noticed and waved his hand infront of my face. "What are you staring at?" He asked with a smirk. "Oh, sorry, I meant who."

"Nothing." I replied with a smirk of my own. "Just as we thought, the unsub is moving quickly." Rossi said, bringing us all back into the conversation about the case.

"Alright, when we land, Rossi and Campbell go to the last abduction sight, Morgan and Reid go to the M.E, and JJ and I will talk to the families." Hotch instructed before closing the file and taking out a book. The rest of the team followed and closed the files before doing something of their own. Morgan listened to music, JJ and I played on our phones, Rossi was writing, and of course Spencer was reading. An hour into the plane ride, Morgan stood up and began walking towards the coffee station, before twisting around and tapping me on my shoulder. I followed him to the end of the plane where the coffee was before I could even get a word out, he immediately spoke.

"What's going on with you and lover boy over there?"

"What? Nothing." I replied, hoping that his profiling skills weren't good enough to detect my lies.

"Come on, Chloe. You both arrived here at the same time with coffee from the same place and not to mention that Garcia and I both noticed how he smells exactly like Victoria's Secret Bombshell." He replied. I raised a brow at him and he decided to continue.

"And I only know the name of your perfume because Garcia told me."

"Good, I was starting to get weirded out. Can I sit down now?" I asked, hoping that he would let me. Although I knew that he was going to say no.

"Not unless you tell me what's going on between the two of you. Listen, if you guys got down and dirty before coming here, I won't tell anyone, but just let me know if my boy's getting some action."

My eyes widened and I turned around to make sure that the team didn't hear. "Say it a little louder, Morgan. I don't think that China heard you." I said in a harsh whisper. "Alright, alright. You don't have to tell me now. But don't expect me to let this go." He smirked before walking back to his seat.

This was going to be a long case, I could feel it.