Chapter Twenty-Seven: Isolation

Daryl's Pov

" Where the hell is she ?"

I had been looking for Maya everywhere, but I couldn't find the girl. After finding Karen and David burned alive, Maya had gone missing and the last thing I needed to hear was someone got their hands on her. I walked into Cell Block C and opened the curtain to Carl's old dorm seeing no one was inside.

" Shit." I cursed and walked outside to the benches seeing no one also. I walked by to the courtyard till I saw her legs peeking out from a corner.

" Maya ? Maya !" I yelled and ran over to the girl seeing she was sickly pale with purple bags around her eyes, sweating to death." Maya, can you hear me ? Maya ?"

" Daryl !" I heard and looked up seeing Rick and Glenn run over seeing the girl on the floor.

" I found her like this."

" She's sick." Rick informed and I could feel my heart drop at those words. Not her. She was just on a run with me yesterday. I placed my hand on her forehead seeing her skin was burning up.

Glenn nodded." She was coughing earlier when we were at the fence. Said it was allergies."

" Take her to Cell Block D."

" Why ? So she can be murdered like Karan and David ?!" I yelled, but Rick shook his head.

" Doctor S is now there guarding the patients. Plus, we got more then two people sick. It's harder to burn more." Rick said and I nodded picking the sick girl up. I started to walk to Cell Block D not taking very long to hear the coughs.

" Daryl ?" Maya's weak voice asked. I looked down seeing she could barely open her eyes from how swollen they were.

" It's okay, sunshine. You'll be alright."

" I'm...sorry."

" You got nothing to be sorry about." I reassured kicking on the door before seeing Doctor S open it. He saw it was Maya in my arms and looked to sadly to the pair.

" I'm sorry, Daryl."

" She's going to be okay." I assured walking to an empty cell and placing Maya on the bed. I moved some hair from her face before turning to Doctor S." You watch her now, okay. Make sure no one except my people come near her."

" You have my word, Daryl." Doctor S said.

I nodded kissing Maya's forehead before leaving. There had to be a cure somewhere. A way that Maya could get better and not end up like Patrick or Karen. I made my way to Hershel's office seeing the council members ready for a meeting.

" It's spread.' Hershel began." Everyone who survived the attack in cell block D. Sasha, Caleb, Maya, and now others."

Carol nodded shrugging her shoulders." So what do we do ?"

" First things first. Cell block A is isolation. We keep the sick people there like we tried with Karen and David."

" What the hell we gonna do about that  ?"

" Ask Rick to look into it." Carol said looking to him." Try to make a timeline. Who's where when, but what are we gonna do to stop this ?"