Chapter Fifty Nine: The Cell

* This is what I would like to call a filler chapter, but I hope you enjoy it ! *

Daryl's pov

" We're on Easy Street. And it feels so sweet. 'Cause the world is but a treat. When you're on Easy Street."

The damn song has been playing over and over again on what could be a damn broken record. Tortured by terrible music was not a new thing. I went on a damn run with Rick and his terrible music choice. As much as I wanted to get out of this hell hole, I stayed on the ground shaking from the cold and lack of nutrients flowing through me. I was slowly dying.

" And we're breaking out the good champagne. I'm sittin' pretty on a gravy train. And when we sing, every sweet refrain repeats."

I knew that and wondered if it was Negan's plan all along. To starve to to death and deliver my body to Maya. Maya. It has only been a day without her and I was worried sick. I didn't know where she was or even if she was alive. Negan could of gone on a second rampage and killed Carl and Maya like he had first attended to. For all I know, my daughter might need me and I was here dying of starvation.

" Right here on Easy Street  Let's have a moment in the sun. The magic's only just begun."

The lock of keys coming to the door brought me to spring to life . I didn't exactly know why. No matter what, it was never going to be Rick or Maya, or anyone I knew. It was always a savior bringing me some rotten ass food or dog shit. The doors opened and I held my head low waiting to eat the damn dog food. It was nothing, but it kept me slowly alive to some how see my daughter again some day.

The asshole Dwight came in front of me holding the plate. One glance at his face and I knew he was looking for hesitation, so I took the food into my hands and took a big bite. I ain't no ones bitch. These people were going to learn soon that it was embedded in my veins to never go down without a fight. It was the reason I am constantly worried about Maya's well being. She was just like me being no one's bitch even if it got her killed.

I walked down the stairs to the Grimes's house hearing laughter downstairs except it didn't come from Carl, Rick, Michonne, or Judith. The further I got downstairs, I peered over the corner seeing Maya and Mandy baking a cake with flour being thrown everywhere. Maya's was the loudest and the smile on her face brought one to my own stunned to see how happy she was.

" Daryl." Mandy called wiping her cheek only to get more flour into herself." We were going to surprise you with a cake."

" Mandy makes the best cakes." Maya giggled.

" What's the occasion ?"

" No occasion. I can be nice, Dixon." Mandy claimed throwing flour at me.

It had gotten all over me and I laughed taking the flour bag from the table and throwing it at both Maya and Mandy. The girls shrieked loudly grabbing the bowls in front of them and throwing it at me. They were both laughing and I laughed with them when in a blink of an eye, Mandy was gone and Maya was standing one. Her face emotionless and she stared into my own eyes.

" Wake up."

" We're on Easy Street."

I jolted awake from the dream to the familiar upbeat music the saviors played. Not even in my dreams was I safe. I couldn't even spend time with my daughter without the Saviors waking me up and bringing me to reality. From the guess of it now, it had been two days since I seen Maya. They in and day out, the same music played and the same lunch was served. No news on my group or my daughter or anything.