Sacrifice -11-

-11-

“You can’t leave the castle,” Aaron tells me that evening after we help Elena to her room. 

“I know,” I sigh. “I’m scared.”

“Don’t be, Anastasia, he won’t hurt you-”

“No, Aaron, I’m scared he is going to hurt you!”

“I can protect myself,” He says. 

“I know, but what if it isn’t just Ryan. What if he has a team? I know Charlie isn’t weak so what kept him down? If it was just Ryan against Charlie and Elena they could have easily out numbered him. Maybe he has a team,” I suggest.

“But who?” 

“Council men he hasn’t killed... yet,” I suggest.

The next day I decide to call my parents to tell them... I’m not sure what, but I just want to make sure they are safe. I don’t think about it too much when they don’t pick up the first time, but after a few more voicemails in the span of three hours I begin to worry. I even try there cells phones. 

My phone rings and I freeze realizing it is Charlie’s ID from the phone that Ryan has. 

“Hello my fair lady, I see you miss your parents?”

“What did you do to them?” I snarl. 

“Talking in that tone is not acceptable, mommy might pay for that,” He scolds. I hear the loud screaming of my mother in the background and cringe at the sound. 

“Don’t... hurt her.” 

“Then do exactly as I ask,” He says in a calm tone. “I am at the abandoned warehouse near your old house. Come alone. If anyone comes with you or knows you are going your parents will die.” 

How could some one threat me and my family in such a calm tone? 

“Fine,” I sigh in resignation. “Midnight, I’ll be there.” 

I wait until everyone has gone to bed before I slip out of the castle, careful to avoid the guards by the castle gates. I know I am risking a lot, but my parents shouldn’t be brought into this. This matter doesn’t concern them - they are innocent souls. 

This is the one time I use my super speed to my advantage, I race into Elda. It is an hour drive by car, but with my super speed it only takes half an hour. 11:50 my wrist watch reads. I pull my jacket tighter around me. What if I die? What will Aaron think when he wakes up? What if he has already noted my absence? He will be so mad at me! I can help but feel so guilty, I should have never agreed to this! I should have just committed suicide or became a cat lady when I had the chance!

I look up to see a full moon and think about times where I didn’t have to worry about sacrificing my life for my prince. I would die happily for him, but things were so much simpler when insane werewolves weren’t trying to kill my parents. 

I look back at my watch - 12:00. I step into the warehouse and without warning and am thrown against the wall. I feel cold hands groping me and slobbery lips attack my neck, “I’ve missed you my fair lady.” 

My wide eyes notice the two cages behind him. In one cage Elena and Charlie are tied up and in the other are my parents who don’t need to be tied up because they can’t escape those cages with their human strength. 

“I came alone. Let my parents go and when did Elena and Charlie become part of the deal?” 

“Once they escaped,” He growls glaring at the beat up couple. “Don’t worry my sweet everything will be right soon.” 

He picks me up and I scream as I notice him tying me up. He uses ropes as restraints keeping my hands above my head and my legs just above the grounds. The rope is digging into my skin and I am surprised it hasn’t hit bone. 

I notice a shiny object in his hand and I moan feeling sick as I recall a dream where he had a similar weapon that he used on Aaron. “All will be right my love,” His voice is almost too calm. 

He pulls Charlie out of the cage and decapitates him in one swift motion. Then, he pulls a stake out from his pocket and smirks at the helpless corpse. I yell and scream, but he seems to ignore me as he proceeds to pull out Elena. Her wide blue eyes meet mine for one last time. “Wait, I think you should have the honor.” 

I feel my blood run cold, he runs over and places the silver dagger in my hand. Elena is placed in front of me and he jams my hand into her throat. I release the dagger immediately, but he pulls it out and continues to repeatedly stab her in the neck before tossing fifteen feet away from me. He pulls the stake out of Charlie and jams the weapon into her chest. Then, he moves over to my terrified parents who can’t even find the sense to scream. 

He plucks my father from the cage and doesn’t bother using any weapon. He throws him into a wall where I hear a crack and notice a significant splatter of blood on the wall. I swallow down the bile that rises in my throat. I am going to be sick. This man is a psycho, but I need to be careful, one wrong word or move and he’ll kill me in an instant. 

He grabs my mother and jabs the dirty knife into her stomach causing her to throw up blood. After a few minutes of heavy breathing she collapses. 

“My princess, we can start our lives together soon, don’t fret,” He roughly kisses me. “I just have to wipe that pesky Aaron Mason of the face of the Earth.”