Chapter three

Needless to say, I was shocked, because in front of me was one of the most beautiful faces ever. In the dim light (considering it is the dead of night), I couldn't see much, but I already knew something was wrong and bothering the amazing person before me. As I studied the person's face longer, I saw that half of their face was lost to the grey seas already. Two eyes gazed at me, one dark brown, seemingly full of life, the other dull and grey as though the energy had been sucked out of it. He looked at me with the saddest expression ever, and a glimpse of a painful smile grazed his face. He shrugged, tilting his face to the side as his eyes bore into me and I had a worrying feeling he was judging me for being a storm cloud.

All I could do was give him an acknowledging nod considering I couldn't bring myself to genuinely smile and sat down across from him, my feet leaning against the wall his back was sitting against. I found myself unable to break eye contact with him as they roamed over his face and I saw the way the greyness seemed to seep from the sides of his head through cracks, and the striking contrast between the two halves of his face. One was full of colour, skin practically glowing, the other ridden with pain and devoid of any emotion of happiness.

I felt sympathy for the boy, remembering when I too was starting to drown in the colour I'd grown to despise, and it became noticeable that I wasn't normal any longer. I'd spend my days hiding in oversized hoodies and long sleeved shirts, and my small frame would barley support me as I floated around like smoke. I knew exactly how the poor guy was feeling and I gave him a poor excuse of a smile, feeling my insides churn at the strange action, I hadn't smiled in god knows how long.

Thankfully the boy returned the gesture, blessing me with such a radiant smile despite the obvious amount of mental pain he was in, that I almost forgot about all my other worries... almost.

"so, uh.... what's your name?" he croaked out, breaking the silence with his words hanging in the air. His voice was so angelic I forgot the fact he had asked me a question and quickly choked out a response. 

"T-Tyler. You?" I looked away as I said that, wanting to disappear at the sound of my own name and voice. When I looked back over to him he was smiling for reasons unimaginable to me.

"Dun. Josh Dun" he giggled 

Josh, the name sounded so fitting for the huddled up figure in front of me who was still chuckling silently at the small joke he had pulled. I awkwardly gave him a thumbs up, watching as his eyes sparkled, crinkling as he smiled.

I could hardly understand how such an amazing guy could hold so much sorrow and fight so many wars behind his face and above his throat. He deserved the world, but this world didn't deserve him, he was too precious and I knew almost instantly that I'd do anything for this man.

My gaze eventually shifted back to my hands that fumbled around one another, and I was unsure   of what to do or say, heck I didn't know if I should even stay. So, instead I waited, for a clue or, something.