Chapter 3

Jungkook POV

Listening to my music on my walk back from campus, I casually scan my surroundings as I go. Though, I quickly regret the decision as I spot my ex walking hand in hand with one of the college jocks, giggling and hanging off his arm like a fucking drape.

I roll my eyes at the sight, scoffing quietly as I shake my head and look away. Stuffing my hands in my pockets, I avert my gaze to the sidewalk passing by underneath my feet, continuing to make my way back to the house. It's been a long fucking day, dealing with three different girls trying to confess and a professor failing me on one of my exams, not to mention a shit ton of homework. To add onto it all, I forgot my wallet at home this morning, had to have Namjoon hyung buy me lunch before he left, then had one of the damn jock assholes smash the tray of food all over me. Picked a damn fight and got my ass in trouble.

Finally spotting the house coming into view, I sigh in relief. I immediately pick up my pace, wanting nothing more than to get inside, grab a drink, and just crash on my bed for a while before doing anything at all.

Starting up the driveway, I run a hand through my hair. Feeling my body still a little achy, I thankfully push the door open and head inside, shutting it behind me as I slip my shoes off. Slowly beginning to feel better with being home, I head over to the kitchen area, not bothering to take my earbuds out in hopes that I can just be left alone for the evening. Walking straight to the fridge, I pull out a water bottle before turning back around and exiting the kitchen once more.

I glance over towards the living room, spotting Namjoon and Hoseok hyung curled up on one couch, Yoongi and Jimin cuddling on the other as they watch whatever dumb movie they've got on. Pursing my lips at the sight of them, I just shake my head as I head for the stairs. I decide upon ignoring them, not needing to deal with their shit or their dumb couple actions.

So, ignoring them, I walk up the stairs and down the hall, heading for my bedroom. Reaching it quickly, I hurriedly push my room door open and close it again behind me. Tossing my bag to the floor near my bed, I collapse onto the mattress with a heavy sigh, splaying my body across the entire thing as I finally pull my earbuds out and stop my music. Running a hand through my hair, I wince at how sore my body is.

"You must be Jungkook?"

I flinch at the sudden sound, having forgotten completely about Jin and Namjoon's brother moving in today. Huffing in annoyance, I sit upright on my bed, my back facing the far side of the room, I nod my head.

Great. Now I'm not going to even have a single space to myself where I'll be able to just be alone and unwind from a shitty day.

"That's me." I mutter under my breath, rolling my eyes to myself.

"Are you okay? What happened to you today?" He questions, sounding almost concerned. I scoff quietly, turning my head back to glare at him. Though, I'm surprised to find such a beautiful guy laying on his stomach in the other bed, worry actually clear in his light brown eyes.

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?" I question bitterly, still giving him a small glare. He frowns in surprise by my response, eyes widening lightly in surprise.

"You've got bruises and a couple scratches on your face. I was just wondering what happened considering most people don't have that regularly and you sounded like you were in pain when you collapsed on the bed." He explains quietly with a small frown, tilting his head to the side a bit as he looks over at me.

His response takes all the wind out of my sails, not being able to really argue with him.

Huffing quietly to myself, I flop back onto my back, frowning at him upside down now.

"Yeah, okay. Just point out the obvious like that. Least we know you're eyes and ears are working." I mutter quietly, feeling mildly embarrassed by all of this. He chuckles softly at my response, a cute boxy smile on his lips.

"You should probably take a warm shower if you're that sore, Jungkook. Either that or a warm bath. It'll help pull the the aches out of your body. I can go get you some painkillers too to help, if you'd like?" He suggests lightly with a smile. I smile a bit to myself, surprisingly enjoying his company and caring nature.