Chapter 18

Taehyung POV

Sitting on the couch, I've got both the television on and my laptop pulled up on my lap. I've been here for a few days now and I can't just keep sitting around like a bum. As much as I appreciate my brothers giving me a place to stay, I can't just live off of them. I at least need to get a job, see if they'll let me help pay rent or at least help with groceries or something.

Though, I glance up at the sound of the front door opening, curious as to who's come home now. Namjoon and Hoseok hyung are already back from classes, though they both went upstairs to their room. I know Jin hyung won't be back till much later in the evening. A smile spreads on my lips though, when I find it to be Yoongi who's finally come home. He smiles over at me with that cute gummy smile of his, happily making his way over to me. Stopping in front of myself, he leans down and pecks my lips, making me chuckle softly when he's pulling away and standing back upright.

"I'm gonna go grab my clothes from my room and then hang out in Jin hyung's room for the evening. Six o'clock sound okay?" Yoongi informs me with a small content smile. I shrug and nod, mildly amused by this.

"Sounds perfect, hyung." I respond lightly, still smiling up at him. He grins at this, stuffing his hands into his front pockets.

"Good. You're not allowed to come see me until it's time!" He nearly squeals before rushing away in the most adorable way ever. I laugh loudly at this, shaking my head at his cute antics.

With a soft sigh, I snuggle back down into the couch as I return to scrolling through the website I'm on in attempt to continue searching for more jobs to apply for. I quickly get immersed in this once more, occasional thoughts of Yoongi and Jungkook popping in.

I'm still worried for the younger. It's been on my mind most of the day at this point. He seemed so distraught this morning, so unlike himself last night. I just don't understand where it all came from. He seemed fine when I saw him first entering the house last night. And now all of a sudden it's as if his entire world crashed down around him. It just... makes no sense.

Shaking the thoughts off, I try to focus on the positions I'm scrolling past and the fact that I've actually got a date with Yoongi tonight. I still can't believe that I've got a date with the guy I've had a crush on since I first laid eyes on him. I never would've imagined that things could actually work out this well so quickly for me...

It makes me smile, makes me wanna look even harder for a job. Though, there's still something inside of me saying that something's off. That something isn't right. I don't understand why though, what it could possibly be. I just want nothing more than to be completely happy and excited for this date, yet I'm a little nervous and almost hesitant towards it. I know it would completely ruin whatever Jimin and Yoongi had had, but it seems pretty clearly that Yoongi doesn't seem to mind and that he's perfectly content and happy with me.

Hearing the front door open up once more, my gaze is dragged from the computer screen in front of me, growing even more nervous for tonight. I watch the entranceway curiously, thankful when I spot Jungkook and Jimin entering.

I ignore the still distraught look of Jungkook, quickly closing my laptop and jumping up as I rush over to him.

"I need your help." I inform him as I grab his wrist and immediately drag him from Jimin's side. I hear a small yelp of surprise from the other, ignoring the hard glare that I get from the older as I drag Jungkook towards the stairs and up them. I rush him all the way upstairs and down the hall, bringing him to my room for help.

Closing the door behind us, I finally let go of his wrist as I quickly move over to my side of the room and toss my laptop down to my bed.

"Tae, what's going on?" I hear Jungkook mumble softly, sounding surprisingly uncertain. I just smile as I turn back to him though, hoping it'll ease his mind a bit.

"I need help. I'm going out on a date with Yoongi hyung tonight and I need help figuring out the hell to wear and where the hell to take him because I don't think he actually made plans."