Chapter 5

Jungkook POV

Walking down the stairs for dinner, Taehyung follows behind me. Jin hyung is back and made dinner, having called for everyone to come downstairs. Though, before I can even sit down in my chair for dinner, I'm suddenly being interrogated over the bruises that are now plain as day for everyone to see.

"Jeon Jungkook! What the hell happened to you?!" Jin exclaims when Tae and I enter the kitchen. I close my eyes and let my head fall back a bit in annoyance, groaning quietly at this. Though, I feel a hand land gently on my back, making me frown and look over to my side to figure out who the culprit is. I'm half surprised to find Taehyung to be the one with his hand on my back though, giving me a small smile.

"I don't think he really wants to talk about it, hyung. He's already taken some painkillers to help the swelling go down and ease the pain a bit." Taehyung speaks up lightly, looking over to the oldest in the room. I'm completely caught off guard by his actions and words, not having expected any of this at all. Jin frowns at the both of us though, giving me a small glare.

"What happened this time, Jungkook?" Jin questions quietly with a small frown, folding his arms over his chest. Taehyung frowns at this, looking over at me in surprise.

"I thought you said this doesn't happen very often?" He asks softly, looking a little hesitant now. I roll my eyes at this, running a hand through my hair and ignoring the pain that it causes throughout my entire body.

"It doesn't. Jin hyung just doesn't happen to like it when I don't tell him what happened and ends up making a huge fuss out of things." I speak bitterly, pulling away from him and taking my seat next to Jimin hyung. Tae frowns though, not seeming too convinced while Jin gives me a small glare.

"Jungkook, this isn't the first time you came home with bruises." Jin says softly, not moving from his spot as he continues to give me a frown.

"And I'm still healthy and alive. Nothing to worry about. Okay? Grades are doing fine. I'm not the one picking fights. I'm obviously still eating. There's nothing to throw a fit over." I challenge. It's an obvious lie, having missed lunch today, currently failing one class and just barely passing another one, and not being a breakfast person. I try not to think about any of it, knowing I'll only feel more disappointed in myself and that it'll only cause things to continue to deteriorate for me.

Jin sighs though, still not seeming to buy all of it as he shakes his head at me. Though, he thankfully doesn't argue it any further, giving in and letting it go as he takes a seat at the head of the table.

"You come home with bruises like this again, Jungkook, and I'm going to your department head." Jin threatens with a small glare once he's sat. I merely roll my eyes at this, nodding my head and shrugging, trying not to panic over the threat.

Dinner is quiet thankfully, nobody really saying much of anything as we all eat up. As always, the food is amazing considering Jin hyung cooked it, one of his specialty talents. I glance around occasionally though, mildly surprised to find Tae constantly glancing over at Yoongi hyung whom he's sat across the table from. I mentally shrug it off though, not wanting to become too concerned with it.

The rest of the night passes by quickly though, something I'm grateful for. I don't bother worrying about the homework that isn't due for tomorrow that's not done, climbing into my bed as I quickly grow more tired than I had been all damned day. I'm quick to climb under my covers, trying to get comfortable as quickly as possible so that I can fall asleep sooner. I don't bother worrying about Tae, both our lights being turned out already.

Though, just as I'm finally drifting off to sleep, I'm woken back up to the sound of his deep voice speaking.

"Jungkook, would it be okay if we cuddled for a little bit? I'm tired but I can't seem to fall asleep and that usually helps." Taehyung asks softly, sounding cutely shy as he speaks. I frown in confusion, but shrug it off, not really seeing why not.

"Sure. But you're coming over here. I'm way too fucking tired to get up." I answer casually, much too tired to see any harm in the action. Though, I'm surprised by how quickly I hear him jumping up from his bed, soon finding extra weight being added to my mattress as he climbs in with me.

I smile softly to myself as I feel him cuddle up with me, surprised by how comfortable and right it feels. It warms me up in all the right ways, finding myself falling asleep much faster this time and ever before.