Volume 0 Prologue

"I know this might sound like crazy talk Y/N but its the truth. Adam has betrayed my trust and strayed from being an ideal example of a Faunus, and is pursuing a mad quest for power against humans by radicalizing the White Fang and corrupting it. Lives were lost in recovering this information Y/N, but somehow the White Fang are subjugating demons and using them as a means to cause tensions in other nations. I implore you to stop Adam, and their operations in Redgrave City." stressed Ghira Belladonna over the phone, he sounded desperate but you could hear the uneasiness in his voice,"To think I trusted him to be close to my daughter as a future suitor" a resounding thud could be heard.

"I didn't know Adam was dating your daughter, this is news to me Ghira" Y/N sighed

"Don't even get me started on that S.O.B. I want to literally beat him up so badly he gets amnesia; but the thought of you doing it makes it worth a lot more since you plan on recording his ass-whooping for me. That way I can fall asleep to it every night." proclaimed the veteran Faunus.

"Good news is I'm heading there already due to business." Y/N replied,"I can't say much from a fatherly perspective, but I'll say this as a brother with siblings and dear friends I care about strongly. I would protect them with all my power and fight for them. What Adam has done... I cannot forgive him and if I give my honest opinion, he WILL pay with his blood" Ghira widens his eyes for a moment and narrowed them again. In the 2 years he's known him, Y/N doesn't usually formally request to fight anyone; in actuality it's the other way around. Feeling the air of confidence on the other end of the phone he asked, but Y/N cut him off, "I will give you my word I will watch and protect your daughter no need to pay me"

"If you're gonna do that then I have one more thing to say, she'll be attending Beacon Academy"

"Beacon? That's a surprise, my older sister is about to start her year there as well. They would make good sparring partners Ghira"

'Oh really?'

The two bantered back and forth on the phone when Ghira's wife suddenly motioned to Ghira for dinner. "Gotta end the call Y/N my beautiful wife made me dinner" chuckled Ghira. The call ended with a very annoyed Y/N "Lucky bastard, I don't even have a girlfriend yet. In all the time I've known you Ghira you never really told me your daughter's name. Then again, she'll have his last name so It should be easy to recognize her." resigned Y/N, if she was anything like her father she should manage just fine on her own just by sheer skill. Surely even her father must know by now, but if the rumors about demon activity in Vale are true then surely headmasters of Signal and Beacon are planning accordingly, it must mean that Ghira is a little shocked by the lack of direction Vale is taking to ward off the demonic threat. Simply using Ghira's daughter as an excuse to go to Vale and investigate is a bit cowardly, even he himself knew it's below him but one thought runs through his mind: I'm not ready to see Ruby and Yang just yet. An inexplicable pain shoots through his prosthetic arm, and he begins grabbing his wrist. Eleven years ago at the age of six Y/N was playing with a five year old Ruby and a seven year old Yang in the wood of Patch playing hide and seek.

"8....9....10 Ready or not here comes Yang!" yelled the blond older sister as she went to find her brother and sister. As she runs through the woods she noticed in the bushes something red sticking out of it. In that instance she knows who it is, she smirks and goes up to the familiar red cape quietly and peeks over the bush

"Found you Ruby!" she yells startling the black and red haired girl. "Awww how did you find me?" Ruby sighed in defeat knowing she was found.

"Your cape was sticking out..now let's go find Y/N" she said smiling knowing what she was going to do to him when she finds him. After searching for twenty minutes of searching Yang and Ruby still couldn't find their brother this begins to worry the two girls as it was starting to get dark. As they begun to worry the something touches both their shoulders,"I was in the bush next to Ruby the entire time, I'm surprised you didn't find me sooner" Shocked Yang asked him his secret to hiding to which Y/N simply replied,"I can't give you a straight answer, but it's more akin to becoming an object or animal that belongs in the forest."