10

Grace appeared in the Throne Room at the moment she shouldn't have. A man Grace had never seen before was standing in front of T'Challa, who was sitting on his chair.
"I'm so sorry to interrupt..." she said, her voice slowly dropping when everyone looked at her with deep serious eyes, begging her to leave, forcing her.
"There's a white woman here?" asked the man with short hair in braids on his head. He was tall and broad, like a soldier. But the look in his eyes made Grace think of soldiers she once treated at HYDRA - killer eyes.
"None of your concern," spoke T'Challa and he looked at Grace again, who was completely frozen. She had no idea what to do.
"Why? Are there any more?" The man looked at Grace from tip to toe and she slowly backed off.
"I should go," mumbled Grace. Just when the man started to speak to head.
"Whatcha name? Mine's Killmonger, but you can call me Erik." He smirked at her, like they met at a bar or something. Grace became a bit pale.
"Leave, doctor," commanded the King.
"Doctor?" Killmonger looked at her again. "Hmm..."
"Son. We have entertained this charlatan for too long. Reject his request," said Ramonda out of the blue and Grace already stood by the door, the question she had completely forgotten. This man was dangerous, she had met enough men to say so.
She had to get away from him.
And what kind of request were they talking about? Something important, that for sure. When Grace wanted to open the door, Killmonger started talking again, making Grace stay of curiosity.
"Oh, I ain't requesting nothing. Ask who I am." He challenged T'Challa with his dark eyes and Grace breathed in deeply.
"You're Erik Stevens. An American black operative. A mercenary nicknamed Killmonger. That's who you are," Shuri said coldly and Grace stepped aside when guards walked up.
"That's not my name, Princess. Ask me, King." Killmonger's eyes were flaming, a destructing fire from deep within that wanted to find release.
"No." T'Challa's answer was cold and loud. But Killmonger didn't give up.
"Ask me."
"Leave, Grace," begged Ramonda, she didn't want for her to see this.
"Take him away."
But it was too late. The best friend of the King and husband of Okoye stood up and asked in the Wakandan tongue, Xhosa; "Who are you?"
Grace had learned enough to understand these words. And Killmonger spoke up, the fire flaming out of his mouth in the form of words. And in Xhosa.
"I am N'Jadaka! Son of Prince N'Jobu!"
The tribal, the King, the guards and Grace were stunned. She didn't know much, was still learning, but she knew well enough that this wasn't okay.
"Son of Prince N'Jobu?"
"Grace!" warned Ramonda again, and Grace ran out of the Throne room.

- - -

Shuri came for Grace, pale but confident. Grace was still shocked if what happened, and worked for a new patient. A woman that was pregnant a few weeks. She wasn't really a woman that took care of babies, or pregnant woman in this case, but the woman - W'Cara - really wanted Grace to do the echo's and being there with birth.
Shuri explained everything - Erik aka Killmonger challenged T'Challa for a ritual combat for the throne... and the powers of the Black Panther.
Shuri kept saying that Killmonger could never win, her brother would not be defeated. She didn't know if Shuri tried to convince Grace or herself.
"Did you tell him about... Bucky?" asked Grace a bit nervous when they entered.
Shuri shook her head. "Don't worry. He'll be fine. Ross isn't with him, doesn't know he's here." Grace gasped and needed to grab the stone wall behind her to make sure she wouldn't fall.
"Ross's here?" she asked under her breath.
Ross was her boss in Germany, he loved to give her all the bad guys to check - one of them was Bucky, and then all the fuss happened. But he hunted for her. If he found her, he would find Bucky.
"Relax!" said Shuri when she saw when Grace became as pale as a sheet and completely panicked. "He doesn't know that you two are here! And if he knew, I would convince him, like everyone else!"
"He doesn't know?" What if he had seen her? What if he sent men for her and Bucky?
"Don't worry, White Doll, he doesn't know a single thing," Shuri assured her and Grace nodded and swallowed away the lump that was in her throat.
The fight started. Shuri kept squeezing Grace's hand, which she apparently grabbed somewhere during the fight.
Grace would never forget the agonised screams of Ramonda, Okoye, Nakia and Shuri when Killmonger threw T'Challa over he cliff.

- - -

Nakia was the first one that had been able to react and come back to herself. Grace was so shocked that she wasn't able to do anything, just watch and listen as Killmonger kept yelling at everyone.
Nakia took them away, Grace had no idea what to do or to think. T'Challa was dead.
Shuri has to pick someone up, and Grace didn't dare to ask until she saw him.
Grace almost ran away when she saw Ross staring right at her.
They had to bring him in safety, too, and Grace understood that. Killmonger would tear him to pieces because of his position.
"Grace Pierce?" he had asked with a very sceptical voice.
"Agent Ross," she had mumbled very softly.
He was so stunned that he had to muster himself together before he found his voice again.
"Why are you in Wakanda?"
"That was safer than being hunted on by you." Grace didn't know why her voice was so cold, but it happened anyway. His eyes even widened.
"I understand," Ross nodded.
"Later. Can we do this later?" asked Shuri when they entered the Jungle. "Make peace before I scream."
So they did.
Ross promised he would leave Grace alone after all this. He wouldn't go after her, wouldn't question her. He would let her go.
Grace was very happy with that answer. Another worry less. Nakia didn't know Ross was here. She went back to the city to grab as much as she could, as Grace waited with the Queen Mother and Shuri in the jungle. And Ross. She was sweating and was scared to death for all the insects, but her first priority was comforting Ramonda and her daughter.
"First Baba. And now my brother." Shuri bursted into tears. "Mama, we didn't even get to bury him." Grace placed her arms around her, and Ramonda did too.
Grace got really fond of the smart girl, and she felt so sorry. Yes, she mourned too, but it was different for her. She didn't knew T'Challa that long, but he became a true friend to her.
"It's horrible what happened," said Grace softly. "But we have to move on."
A twig behind them snapped and Grace turned around like a female lion, just like Ramonda, ready to attack the person that was approaching them.
"It's me - Nakia." They nodded and backed off. "Who is this man?"
"He's a friend of T'Challa. He saved my life," said Shuri. Grace raised her eyebrows at both of them, and Nakia did the same. Did he? When? How?
"Where's Okoye?"
Nakia helped the Queen Mother on her feet. "Okoye is not coming. She and the Dora Milaje will serve the new king. Wait here."
She disappeared between the bushes and Ramonda closed her eyes when a tear escaped from her eye. "What has happened to our Wakanda?"

- - -

They were walking very long, now upside a mountain as it got colder and colder.
Grace didn't mind, she liked the cold after the hot sun that burned down on her every day here.
"So where are we going again?" asked Ross for the fourth time and Grace rolled her eyes - Why was the man an agent when he even couldn't remember their destination?
"We're taking the Heart-Shaped Herb to Jabariland," answered Nakia. Was that what she took? Grace blew her air out and helped Ramonda over some slippy stones.
"When are we going back to city? Are we ever going back?" asked Grace. She had to - for Bucky, her patients.
"That's the plan."
Ross thought it was time to interrupt.
"Heart-Shaped Herb? What is that?"
"It gives whoever takes it heightened abilities. It's what made T'Challa so strong."
Ramonda held Grace's arm, made her stop. She looked at the mountains, towering high and intimidating.
"Nakia. I don't like this. The Herb belongs to us. We may be creating a bigger monster with M'Baku."
Shuri nodded fiercely. "Nakia, you should take it yourself."
Ross was just as confused as Grace was. They both had no idea what kind of big deal this was.
"I am a spy with no army. I wouldn't stand a chance." Nakia sighed and looked at the long way they had to walk. Grace did too, thought about Bucky, how he would've thought about this situation.
"We'll go... Oh, boy." Nakia held her tongue as men appeared, chanting and grunting like animals. Grace had only seen this kind of stuff in the television when she was very bored.
But now it was real and they scared her.
"Oh, shit," said Ross, just as scared and surprised as Grace was.
"Look down. Stay calm. Shuri. Look down," commanded Ramonda.