e i g h t

To save a mother

bright brown in a round face.

your eyes are so round i never wonder where the child of yourself has gone. they are light caramel with butterscotch undertones. soft and warm, smelling of elderly candy and too much body spray.    light brown, golden touched you are the silence of a crime committed in the folds of the daylight - too obvious, too horrid, too much.

you unfurl your stiffened wings and shudder under the gray light that has touched your lips and darkened your eyes. oh, small ingénue of slashed aureate your cafe colored vision has made the world laden with impending heartache.          to touch you and color you soft is a dream i ache to complete. to make you stop your tears and remind you of the gleaming    strobes     of resplendent candle fire you hold. you did not deserve to be touched by the hands of crepuscular desire    masked in the face of a trusted man.

oh! my cherub colored beige you are leaking azure & mauve & crimson along the edges of your once proud wings - please, o! please, let me reach you. before your skin is too marred to be celestial bound. before you are too stardust to be held.                       i miss your bright brown. seraph, your eyes are no longer    so wide & and i gently stroke your     broken plumage as i try to find the child of your youth behind your      closed eyes. to kiss the sky into a rebirth just to make you new. to mend the edges of your face now too sharp to be held.

archangel of dolorous, i'd color you serenity pink to make you fly again.

kryptoning anytime I write the word celestial I can't help thinking of you