t h i r t e e n

keep your eyes on the ocean

you've got this loudness about you i am trying to devour. and maybe it's the trick of this moonlight but loving you has never been comfortable. it will never feel more than this entangled bed of sandpaper kisses and measured heart beats. you can scream the stigmata in these echoing chambers between us and i'd still never find loving you worth while. you're as much a lover as a precaution. you never taste anything but bland and papery with fresh cut grass making you reek of the earth. and your resilience is impressing but i never loved something that wouldn't leave.

you're this pocket of bruises i keep sealed in my chest. anytime i catch myself staring into the sky i tear at my chest to remember why it burns to breathe. you will always be earthly toned and aggrandizing with your garnet eyes and sangria mouth. you love me with the spit you shine your shoes with. pressing me into this ground, i remind myself to keep my eyes on the darkness of your pupils. your fingers may have me. your tongue may taste me. but my mind isn't watching you. you're loudness makes my skin crawl with this quiet anger.

and i mark myself yours again. and again. and again. determined to be the one that will flood your plains and drown your livelihood. i keep shaking in this rage and this landing is making my back break and you think i am arching up to kiss you. oh, my pet. my itch to scratch and pastime wanting - you are too loud to see i love you for the land creature you are. you pepper me in roots and tangle me in vines, you kiss seeds into my pores and relish the taste of bleeding fruit. and you will drown for me. you will need me. you will let me devour your moonlight as i cry out in revulsion.

oh, i am no earthly maiden with coffee eyes i am no wanton girl with open limbs and ready cries i am sea monster turned maiden with sleet eyes. i am filling your lungs with water with every kiss as we speak

WINEKTH your work inspired me to write just when I was beginning to give up