s i x t e e n

Where do I go to trick muscle memory into an opera of oblivion - I will be the underlying falsetto to your amnesiac limbs I will be the woman strewn on the floor embalming the rusted blood of a wound to your inattentive palms I will be the amphitheater to the echoes of your memory impaired body singling out its highest tune to the wiles of the gilded balconies. The gold edges will melt into your skin, I hear that it is common to forget a name but not a touch and so I'll be that Romeo, that I might touch that hand, that I might touch that cheek! That I might forget the interwoven stars above that have set the predestined path of crossing love lorn tales down like slaughtered lambs in a field.

There is darkness around us and the dementia has weighed itself to the bottoms of my soul, kissed my lips and made me your forgotten love. I will be your archer in the night that I may watch you run wild and feel the wind that kisses you cut my cheeks into lines of red mercy. I will be the dark side of the moon that echoes in its unveiling the song of a girl who loves till her bones are cracked open and the marrow is sucked by her love. I will be your comfort in the soiled darkness when rain screams into your ears and thunder illuminates shadows of witches with bleeding eyes and gregorian chants that tether themselves to your heart and tear you limb from limb. Let me be your Romeo because i have ruined you with my touch and this sin, that I may destroy it with my pilgrimage to your deathbed.

Where may I go that you unravel yourself from lost memory, retrace the steps of a broken maid with rosy cheeks and bleeding heart, and kiss her into the stars?

sometimes you are a need so mundane it borders on magical

& so I clammer up the banisters and rewire you into my being / rework the stars and bargain my tears to be the sweat on your lips you must taste. to be your favorite lost memory I will be anything