Stiles and Derek talk

Stiles POV

My mother... my mother, what could he possibly know about my mother. She only had one close friend and I don't even know who it was really. How could Derek know my mother? 'What about my mother?' I can hear my own voice and I know it's cracking a lot. It took a moment before he spoke up 'yes, your mother, I knew her...' I just looked at him shocked and surprised 'you.. you knew her? How?' He moved to look towards me more and took my hand in his own, I felt all the tears falling down my face.

Derek's POV

He's so sad.. destroyed, I can't stand to see him like this, I had to tell him, I've never seen him cry, he's always been so strong and now he's crumbling. 'But mother only had one real friend..' his voice is breaking so much and I squeeze his hand 'yeah, our mothers were friends, best friends' there was a constant stream of tears going down his face at this point. 'N-no.. I wouldn't known you, I would remember it..' I feel like I couldn't do anything, I feel like he was breaking fine beside me. I didn't want to destroy him more, Im doing all I can do, I pulled him in and hugged him.

Stiles POV

Derek is hugging me.. I've never seen him hug anyone, he doesn't like closeness and intimacy, and all I'm doing is being a crying mess on his shoulder, but why would he say all that about my mother if it wasn't true. But dad.. dad had never said anything about Talia Hale. He said mother only had one true friend and it was an old neighbour who passed not long after mother did, why would he lie to me? And why don't I remember Talia Hale or any of the Hales. I jumped a little when I heard the front door close, dad was home.

Sheriffs POV

I came home early from work to see Stiles, I have been busy at work a lot so we haven't spent a lot of time together recently. For once he didn't come downstairs when he heard the door, but I knew he was home because his jeep is outside, so I went up to his bedroom. I open the door and I see my hugging Derek Hale. 'What the hell is going on in here?!' Stiles turned and I can see the tears falling down his face, he looks at me confused and spoke very quietly 'why did you like to me about mother's friend?' How has he found out? And the answer to that is sitting right next to him.

'Derek Hale What Lies have you been telling my son!?' Derek whispers something to Stiles before he stands up 'in all due respects sir, unlike yourself I have been nothing but truthful to Stiles' the tone of  his voice is like he's in charge. I know he's wanted Stiles to know the truth the whole time. 'Stiles do not believe a word Derek says' Stiles just stands and looks at me 'dad.. why would you lie? I-I can't...' with that said he pushes past me and leaves, me and Derek share a look before he follows Stiles out, I can't believe what's just happened...