Chapt. 2 - First Move

Taehyung's P.O.V.

  I looked through my TikTok feed. I was bored, plus I wanted to make fun of some people. Some people are just so cringy and dumb that it's funny. Well, it's funny until you experience second-hand embarrassment. I don't understand how people can take this app seriously sometimes.

  Hmm, actually, I think I'll dm some people. It's dumb and most likely no one's going to reply, but I'll see.

  I picked random accounts that were in my recommended and sent each of them a copy-and-paste message;

  'Heyo you seem pretty coolio, wanna be friends or something? ;)'

  I don't know why but putting the winky-face just seemed like the cherry on top of the weird message.

  I continued to send it to random people when I came across someone who I actually followed, 'PersesJoon'. I'll admit, his username is kinda weird. I had to google who the fuck Perses was, and it fits him a bit too well. In most of his Tik Toks, he breaks something. In the others, he's showing off his so-called 148IQ in a stupid way, which is also evident in his username.

  Well, I don't want to seem dumb in front of him, so I'll have to use something other than coolio.

  Thesaurus.com, here I come!

  I typed cool in Thesaurus since they apparently didn't accept coolio for some reason. I looked at a few of them and settled with tranquil, it seems sophisticated enough for Mr.148IQ.

  I replaced coolio with tranquil and sent the message with little thought.

  I was about to send the copy-and-paste message to another person when I got a reply. A reply from none other than Joon.

  'Oh, thanks, and sure, let's be friends!'

  I didn't think he'd even look at my message, let alone reply to it. I don't think he's ever replied or talked to someone on here.

  Damn, I feel honored.

  Well, I can't really assume here. I'm just making a hypothesis.

  And I can't leave him on read either because that's just plain rude.

  'Nice, the name's Taehyung, or Tae for short. What about you, pretty boy?'

  Hmm, what if he thinks 'pretty boy' is like an insult? Well, most people think it's an insult for some reason, I like to see it as a compliment.

  Part of me doesn't really care, another part hopes he's a little bit smarter than the average human being to not take that as an insult.

  I don't exactly know why I hope he takes it as a compliment, I guess I just want to be friends with him?

  No, I won't even stay by his side for long, right? I mean, would he really want to be friends with me? We're polar opposites, I don't think that'll happen unless some kind of witchcraft happens and the whole opposites attract thing is real and that's going to happening to us or something.

  Wait, why am I think about that hella clique trope, it only works for people who are going into relationships as boyfriend and girlfriend, boyfriend and boyfriend, girlfriend and girlfriend and whatever other combinations of two people there are, it's not exactly one for two people becoming friends, is it?

  Oh well, hell, maybe I like Joon like that, I don't really know yet. Feelings are hard to understand.

  Oh, he replied.

  'It's Namjoon, or Joon for short'

  Great, I already call him one of those. Hmm, I wanna make it cuter. I guess Joonie is the chosen one for now since I can't think of something else right now.

  'Well nice to become friends with ya, Joonie'

  Man, I wonder if he thinks I'm being weird or something right now. Probably, but oh well. It's fun to mess with people's feelings, but hey, I might return the feelings one day.

  'Nice to become friends with you too, TaeTae!'

  I smiled at his message, but it quickly faded to hearing my mom calling for me.

  She probably wants to ask me about something stupid that Jiwoon told her. I swear, that lady is always confused about something. It's ridiculous.

  This happens too often, she might be 9 and I might be 15 but that ain't an excuse to her blaming every little thing on me. At least mom usually sides with me. She's always a bit hesitant about it though. I can see why, believing a 15 year old who uses TikTok wouldn't be so easy.

  I turned my phone off, lightly threw it on my desk and walked over to the living room where my mom and sister was.

  "So Taehyung, your sister here said that you took her phone away from here, is this true?" She tried to keep a serious face but her eyes said that she was just confused.

  "Hell no, it's not true. I don't want to touch her stuff and get her germs on me and you know that."

  "Hmm.. Alright, if you say so. Do you have any idea where her phone might be though?"

  "She probably misplaced it somewhere in her room."

  "He's lying, mom, I saw him take it."

  "Hush, Jiwoo. Go look for it in your room."

  "Brat." I mumbled under my breath as I started walking towards the front door.

  "Hm? Where are you going Taehyung?" My mother looked at me with more confusion as she stopped when she was about to go into the kitchen.

  "I'm going out for a bit." I walked out of the front door as my mother waved good-bye to me and Jiwoo just stuck her tongue at me.

  Man, if only I could move out, living with Jiwoo is hell. Well, I would if I even had a job. I'm about to go to college, though, so maybe I should start looking for a part time job soon.

  Well, fast food and retail are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head. I guess they'll have to do, I don't really have any other options that don't require a degree in something or past experience.

  Well, I guess I can start looking now.

  I walked down to the outskirts of town square.

  -1 Hour Later.-

  After what felt like forever, I sent an application to a few places and did some other stuff with the little cash I had with me. It was mostly money my mother gave me once in a while as a small allowance. Jiwoo tries to steal it from me, but she never gets away with it.

  I headed home with my bag of stuff and entered the house. I was greeted by my mother smiling at me cooking something that smelt nice.

  "Welcome back, Taehyung! Dinner will be ready soon."

  "Alright." I slightly smiled to her as I went going to my room. I went inside and saw that my room was all messed up. Damnit, Jiwoo..

  I sighed at it all and dreaded cleaning it up. I looked over at my desk and realised I didn't bring my phone with me when I went out.

  I picked it up and looked at my notifications. I saw that Joon had texted me an hour ago.

  Shit..

  It's been such a long time and I haven't responded to him.

  I quickly unlocked my phone and texted him back.

  'Sorry I didn't respond! I just needed a min that was rlly cute.'

  'Oh, it's okay!'

  I smiled at his response. At least he isn't mad at me.

  W-wait, why do I care what he thinks about me?! It's not like I like him or anything, I've never talked to him before this!

  But.. They say it only takes a few seconds to fall in love...

  Did it really happen that fast?

  I don't even know they guy much, yet, I already fell for him.