Chapter 3

I hear phone ding. I scramble across my bed only to see Scott's name cross the screen.

'Meet at mine'

Scott gave me his number shortly after our scare in the woods. I quickly pack my small handbag consisting of my phone, lipgloss and whatever was in there before. I walk out of my room, making sure I shut the door, walk down the hallway and towards the front door.

"IM GOING OUT!" I yell through the house.

No reply.

"Great." I mumble before walking out of the house, locking it behind me.

I look out for traffic, which at this time of the night isn't much, before running across the road. After walking up to Scott's front door I stop, I can't just walk into his house. Can I? Before I can decide the door opens revealing Scott.

"Hi."

"Hi." I reply.

How did he know I was out here? As I walk into the lounge room following Scott I notice a whole lot of familiar faces. Everyone who I was introduced to yesterday was crowded around, either sitting on the ground, the couch or just sanding.

"Who is she?" Someone spoke up.

I haven't seen him around before but he looks too old to be in school, let alone hang out with a bunch of teenagers.

"Peter, she was there with me when I saw it." Lydia states sassily crossing her arms.

Peter.

"Does she know?"

"Know what?" I ask, speaking for the first time since I got here.

"I guess not." Peter mumbles.

I go to question him but instead I get pulled to the right, It was Erica. I remember her from yesterdays lunch, she was next to Issac. I gasp as she pulls me onto the couch next to her. God, she is strong.

"Hey Cat!" She states pulling me into a bone-crushing hug.

I laugh awkwardly before she lets me go.

"Ok, now we need to talk about what happened the other day." Scott starts to explain in front of the group.

I sit and listen intently next to Erica.

"Lydia said that she saw, as well as Cat, a mutant type person with different sized body parts was tearing up a dead body, this person then left with a leg of the dead body."

"So this person is collecting body parts from the deceased?" Derek speaks up, "What is he or she planning on doing with them?"

"Thanks what we have to figure out?"

"I know I'm new." I speak up, "But why is it our job? Shouldn't we inform the Police."

The room goes into an awkward silence after I spoke. Scott is looking at me and everyone at Scott. I could tell they wanted to speak but couldn't in front of me.

"Um, Scott where is your bathroom?" I ask standing up.

"There is one in my room this is the last room down the hallway." He replies.

I quickly walk over the staircase but once I'm at the top I stop to listen. I know it's rude but I can't help myself.

"There is no way we are bringing her into the world of the supernatural." Derek states, "It's too dangerous."

The supernatural? Are they serious?

"I agree with Derek." Issac states.

"She has already been exposed when we saw that thing in the woods, it had glowing eyes." Lydia pipes up.

"Can we trust her to keep the secret or to not freak out?" Malia asks the group.

"I agree we barely even know her I mean we only met her yesterday." Stiles exclaims with passion.

I can't blame him.

"Guys we can trust her." Scott replies.

"Even if we were going to tell her how would we do that?" Liam asks changing the subject a little.

"I don't know." Scott replies.

I stomp loudly on the stairs as I walk down to tell them I was coming down. Once back into the living room I positioned myself back beside Erica on the couch.

...

I check my phone and read 10:56. I look up and stand up following the rest of the group. We have now finished our little meeting and going home. I can't get out of my head that weird conversation, they are hiding something from me and I want to know what.

"Bye Scott." I state walking past him and out the door.

"Wait!" Scott states grabbing my shoulder and pulling me back into the house.

I look around and notice everyone has left except Stiles, Derek, Scott and myself.

"Cat I need to show you something." Scott states walking up to me.

"Scott."

I could tell Stiles was dreading whatever was coming next which put me on edge.

"Stiles it's fine!" Scott replies annoyed.

Scott looks to the ground before saying,

"Don't be afraid, I won't hurt you."

I look around behind my to see Stiles watching the situation with a worried expression and biting his lip while Derek just watched with his arms crossed and a neutral expression. I look back and Scott and watch him intently. All of a sudden he flicks his hands, claws extending out of his fingernails like claws. He looks up at me with pointed fang-like teeth in his mouth and red glowing eyes. I scream backing away. Scott tries to walk over to me but I turn and run, I run all the way home.