Chapter 17

Third Person 

Scott McCall runs through the school smelling the air. He sniffs for any sign of Cat. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Scott stops running as he punches the locker to his right out of anger with a growl.

...

Derek Hale walks down the stairs, taking small steps as to not make a lot of sounds. He freezes as he watches the Frankenstein monster run past him and up the stairs. He lets out a sigh before his head snaps up. If the monster game from this way, then she must be down this way.

"CAT?" He yells out.

Derek stealthily walks through the hallway leading tot he basement.

"CAT?" He yells again.

"IM DOWN HERE!"

Derek's head snaps up at the sound. He quickly moves down the hall and towards the reply knowing that time is of the essence. All of a sudden Kale runs towards him, Derek quickly dodges. Kale raises his arm indicating to shoot with his handheld gun. Derek quickly grabs Kales hand and twists it painfully around to his back, he brings Kale close.

"Where is she?" Derek asks angrily.

He doesn't reply. This causes him to knee him in the stomach. Kale falls to the ground with a loud groan as the gun falls to the floor.

"You're a disgrace." Derek whispers.

In one swift moment, Derek picks up the gun and shoots Kale, instantly killing him. Derek's red eyes glow towards the dead body, he feels for a pulse. None. His head picks up to a large door. Standing up he opens the door to reveal a dark room, in the middle was Cat strapped to a wooden chair. He falls silent due to the sight of his girlfriend.

"Derek." Cat states breathlessly.