Chapter 18

"Derek." I state breathlessly. 

I watch as he runs up to me and kneels in front of me. His eyes full of worry.

"Are you ok?" he questions checking me over.

"I'm ok." I state.

Derek quickly disconnects me from the chair and rope before pulling me into a tight hug. I hug back just as tight as tears fall down my face.

"I'm sorry." Derek states through my hair.

"For what?" I question stepping back to look at him.

"That I couldn't protect you." He replies looking down, "Its all my fault."

"Listen to me." I state grabbing his chin and forcing him to look at me, "This isn't your fault, it isn't anyone's fault, ok?"

He nods in reply.

"DEREK?!" Scott's voice comes crashing into the room.

Derek turns his head and so do I at the sound. Scott runs into he room looking worried. His face softens once he sees me.

"Oh thank god." he states running up to me and bringing me into a hug, "Thank god you safe."

Scott, Derek and myself walk out of the school and into the carpark. I see Stiles visibly relax by turning around and leaning on his car.

"CAT!" Erica yells before running up to me and pulling me into a bone-crushing hug, "Are you ok?"

Erica starts to check me over worriedly. I look up to see Derek giving us a small smile.

"I'm fine." I reply casually.

We walk over to Stiles and the others, who were more than pleased to see me.

"We should get going." Issac states looking around at us all.

I nod in agreement before making my way over to Stiles jeep. Derek opens the passenger side door for me to get in. Stiles got into the front seat, Lydia beside him, I got in the back with Derek and Issac, I was in the middle. Scott rode on his motorbike with Erica on the back and Peter said he would run home. We watch as Scott drives off and Peter sprints down the path. Stiles starts to the jeep and gets the engine running before following the true alpha.

"Sorry." I mumble towards Issac as I move closer to Derek, hoping to give him more space.

"How did you do it?" I question, "Find me that is."

I push myself further into Derek's side for warmth and comfort as he put his arm around my waist, holding me close.

"Stiles tracked your phone to the address of the last text you got." Lydia states looking at him admirably.

"Oh." I state, "Thank Stiles."

"Don't mention it."

Stiles pulls up to Scott's driveway as I unbuckle my seatbelt from the back seat.

"Thank man." Scott states giving Stiles a masculine handshake.

"No worries."

"Thanks." I state following Scott out of the car.

Stiles soon pulls out of the driveway and with the toot of his horn he was speeding down the road and away from Scott's home.

"Here take this." Scott states indicating to his jacket.

"No it's fine, I don't want you to be cold."

Scott rolls his eyes before taking off his jacket.

"Thanks." I mumble.

I place my hands into Scott's jacket pocket shivering as Scott and myself cross the road.

"You alright?"

"I'm a bit shaken up."

"Thanks, fair I guess." Scott replies.

The two of us cross the footpath and enter my property. We stop at my front doorstep.

"You go inside and I'll be over to check on you after." Scott states with a warm smile.

I smile in reply before opening the front door.