Chapter 6

I walk over to my school locker before opening it and receiving my bag. I feel my phone vibrate before fishing it out of my pocket. I read the lit-up screen,
Kale: Hi do you want to catch up sometime? For the school work or a date.
I internally cringe. No thank you! I close my locker before setting off. I heard about Beacon Hills lacrosse team this morning and decide to go check it out. I walk out of the school and across to the field. I walk over to the bleachers and sit down. I look out onto the field trying to spot Scott, Stiles, Issac and Liam. I find them quite quickly. I let out a small chuckle, they all look so cute in their uniforms. All of a sudden Issac gets hit causing to fall straight to the ground. Without even thinking I run out onto the field.

"Issac are you all right?" I ask bending down next to him.

"Yeah I'm fine, remember?" He finishes showing me his yellow glowing eyes.

"Sorry." I reply standing up and making my way off the field.

I look towards Scott and notice he is giving me a big toothy smile. I smile back.

...

I walk into the kitchen only to see my mother sitting at the island bench, head in her hands. her head snaps up to the sound of my footsteps entering the room.

"Hi, Erin." She says looking up at me with exhausted eyes.

"I'm Cat, remember your first child?" I ask in annoyance.

"Of course."

Bitch.

"What's new in your life." She questions taking another sip of her dark coloured liquid drink.

"I found out the school has a lacrosse team."

"Oh." Was all she said before falling unconscious face-first into the bench in front of her.

I roll my eyes before helping her up and together walking up the stairs. I throw her on her bed before walking back down the stairs. I stop before reaching the bottom step. I sit down with my head in my hands. A few tears fall down my face. I like to think I'm strong but sometimes things become too much to handle. After a few minutes, I stand up wiping my face. I decide to go for a walk.

...

Making my way through the forest is quite relaxing. It's beautiful out here. I stop in my tracks after hearing a stick break. I turn around only to see no one there. I keep walking, letting no noise going unheard. I freeze as a growl is heard from behind me. I turn around and am met with bright glowing eyes. It lunges at me. I scream trying to scramble away but I fall to the ground. Looking up I see the familiar face of the creature that I witnessed in the same forest with Lydia. Its claws, fangs and eyes were much like Scotts yet its limbs and other body parts were not. I trash about trying to get the creature off of me.

"CAT!" I hear the voice of Scott yell as the creature above me bites hard into my shoulder.

I let out a bloodcurdling scream. I look around for help as my vision starts to consist of black dots. I feel my head being lifted. It's Scott. I could see him saying something but I couldn't understand him. He looks down at me with worried eyes but in a matter of seconds, his face is replaced with darkness.