Chapter 5

I'm going to be honest and say that this story is not that different from the actual story. But once it gets to the chunin exams there will be a huge change.

Naruto, Sasuke, and Hinata were all hidden behind trees with thier eyes on their target.

"How far away is the target?" Asked Kakashi through a headset.

"Five meters and closing! How much longer till we act?" Asked Naruto.

"I'm in position" Said Sasuke.

"M-me to" Said Hinata.

"Alright..............GO!" Said Kakashi.

All three Shinobu charged at the target with Naruto grabbing the cat first.

"Gotcha!" Said Naruto only for the cat to start repeatedly srcarch his face.

"The target is confirmed" Said Sasuke as Hinata pulled the cat off of Naruto.

"Good! Then our mission is accomplished." Said Kakashi.

Later.

"Awww poor tiger! I was so worried about you! I could have had a heart attack!" Said Lady Shijimi as she was literally crushing the cat with affection.

'Geez. What a nightmare. How does that cat put up with it?' Thought Naruto.

"Now the next assignment I have for you three is... To baby sit for the council of elders, run errands to the neighboring village, and to help dig sweet potat-

" NO WAY! GIVE US SOMETHING ELSE TO DO! SOMETHING IMPORTANT AND NOT BORING! "Yelled Naruto interrupting the third hokage.

'He is actually right' Thought Sasuke.

'I-I don't r-r-really mind doing these. I d-dont really mess them u-up' Thought Hinata.

'Be grateful you get anything' Thought Kakashi.

" Don't be a fool! You are just a beginner!" Said Iruaka.

"All we have done is small stuff! I want to see some action!" Said Naruto.

Kakashi hit him on the head.

"Naruto knock it off." Said Kakashi.

"It's not fair! I want a chance to show that I am not the screw up this old man thinks I am!" Said Naruto.

"Hmmm...... Very well. I shall permit you to attempt a C grade mission. You are going to protect a certain individual." Said the third.

"Really!? Who is it? A princess? A noble lord?" Asked Naruto.

"You shall see for yourselves. You may come on in" Said The third.

The door slid open to reveal an old man with a bottle.

"These are the ones to protect me? They all look like they don't know how to fight. Especially the one in the orange suit, he looks like a idiot." Said The man.

"Haha which -

Naruto looked around and realized he was the only one who was wearing orange.

" IM GOING TO KILL YOU! "Said Naruto and Kakashi held him back.

" No. You can't kill someone you have been assigned to protect. "Said Kakashi.

" I am Tazuna, a bridge builder of timate renown. You all must guide me to my home town safely. Even if it means your deaths! "Said Tazuna.

                        Outside the village
"All right! This will be my first time I've ever been outside the village! " Said an excited Naruto.

" This kid is supposed to protect me?"Asked Tazuna.

" I am coming alomg so there is no need to worry. "Said Kakashi

" Listen here you old man! Im the best there is. Im going to be Hokage so you best remember my name. It's Naruto Uzumaki! "Said Naruto.

" Yeah right. Someone like you become Hokage? I don't think anyone can believe that." Said Tazuna.

" I-i-i actually b-b-believe h-h-he can do i-it" Said Hinata.

"Hmph. I didn't think anyone can be dumb enough to believe this brat" Said Tazuna as he drank from his bottle.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY!?" Yelled Naruto. He started to rush at Tazuna but Kakashi stopped him again.

"Ive already told you that you can't do anything to him. Besides he is pretty drunk so he probably doesn't mean that" Said Kakashi.

Naruto didn't quite understand why he got upset really easy. Maybe it was because Hinata is onw of the few people nice to him. But regardless of why, he felt like he wouldn't let anyone hurt her or call her bad names.

'N-N-Naruto s-s-stood u-up fo-for me"Said Hinata before fainting.

"Sigh. It's going to be a long mission" Said Kakashi.

                       To be continued
Sorry(again) this took longer than expected. But hopefully I can get back on track. Believe it!