𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

I slowly open my eyes, my head hurting like f*ck, as I see my mom standing beside my bed staring at me. As I finally became fully conscious and looked about I notice Nick sitting on the edge of my bed as well.

"What happened?"

I say drearily, my eyelids still feeling heavy.

"You were attacked by a werewolf, thing, Nicholas banished it and brought you back here."

My mom says while smiling to Nick.

"I'm just glad you're safe."

Nick says as he scooches up the bed towards me and holds my hand.

"Anyway I'm heading to bed, I don't want Nicholas to be here all night now."

My mom stands up and walks out of the room.

"What time is it?"

"It's 1:20am, also 'Brina texted back saying she has something to tell us at school."

Nick says as he starts rubbing my hand.

"Also it wasn't a werewolf that attacked you, it was my familiar."

Nick says looking at me.

"Your familiar?"

"Yeah, Amalia, it's a long story."

"And I have a lot of time."

I say as I sit upright and cross my legs.

"She was given to me at birth, when my family died, she was the only real family I had left.
When I started at the Academy and couldn't bring her with me, she just started showing up everywhere. At the dorm, in class, at Dorian's. Everywhere I looked, I saw her yellow eyes in the shadows just watching me. And when I started going on dates, she got jealous. Like, scary jealous."

"Wolves are territorial animals, Nick."

I say holding his hand.

"But this was to the point of obsession. I mean, Amalia wouldn't let anyone get close to me.
So I I banished her. Years ago. To the dark forests at the base of the Mountains of Madness."

"That's like the other side of the world."

"I've been on dates and had girlfriends before, and Amalia's never shown up, but maybe Maybe she feels our connection."

Nick looked down and after a bit of an awkward pause, he speaks up.

"You need some sleep, Waterhouse."

Nick leans in and kisses my forehead and moves my hair from my face. He stands up.

"Nick?"

"Yeah?"

"Can you stay with me? Just until I fall asleep?"