2~Mental Abuse

××
Just another filler chapter. I promise the upcoming chapters will be better.
××

Kyra's POV
There is a girl standing above me, laughing like everyone else seems to be doing in this room. She reaches down her hand to help me up. I take it. Her hand was small but filled with rough calluses. As I lifted myself up, I notice the simultaneous scars on her right wrist. They were long and rigid. There were about 5 of them. One was red and looked infected.

I put the thought to rest and focus on the current moment.
What has Destiny done so far?

I glance around the room that was filled with chairs, tables, and teenagers who look around Destiny's age. Someone clears their throat and all eyes are lured to the front of the classroom. A thin lady with bright red hair, pale skin wearing a killer suit, stands in the front.

"So today I will partner everyone up for your very first project. This is due by next week Monday." She says authoritatively. The class lets out an exasperated sigh that seems to last infinity.

"The disrespect" someone mumbles. I turned my head in the direction of the voice, it was the redhead who helped me, but instead of a happy smile, her face was filled with disgust. I returned my stare back to the teacher and noticed that they both had the same shade of hair color.

"Asher with Dominic. Amber and Liam. Brittany with Caleb. Destiny and Gabriel."

I groan, more strangers. Great.
Again, note the sarcasm.

"You're living my dream, sis" the redhead says to me with a sad smile, before moving to sit beside her partner. She had her left hand covering the scars on her right wrist. Something wasn't right about that chic, and I was gonna find out what.
It's just the good in me to help.

"Hey, partner."
I look up at a boy with curly black hair and freckles splashed lazily all over his face.

"Hey," I mumble.
He sits in the seat closest to me and takes a deep breath. The teacher passes around papers. I take one and pass the last one to the boy beside me. Who, from what the teacher said, I assume is Gabriel.

Project #1
In a group of 2, you will be performing a song in front of the entire class. One of you will sing while the other will play an instrument. That is a requirement.

Due Next week Monday.
See you then!

Kill me. Just kill me now.
I already hate being the talk of a conversation but the thought of even going up in front of the class and watching all those eyes stare back at me makes me want to puke.
I turn my head just enough to see my partner reading through the paper. His thick black eyebrows were knotted in frustration and confusion.

"What the hell?!" He says a little too loudly. His sudden outbreak shatters the silence.

"Do you have a problem, Mr. Hazel?" The teacher asks with a raised brow.

"Yes. I do, actually." He says.

The teacher sighs in frustration, then looks Gabriel straight in the eyes and continues speaking.
"What is it? Kindly share your thought with the class."

"This project is absolute bull crap. There is no point in it. When I graduate from this jail cell nothing your trying to force into my brain will help me. So what's the point? I'm not doing this!" He slams his clenched fists into the table to make his point clear. His language made my ears ring.

The teacher looks unafraid, almost bored, as this had happened many times before.
She gives him a toothy grin.

"Follow me, Mr. Hazel." She gets out of her chair and walks to the door and opens it for Gabriel. He gets up and follows her out of the classroom. I look around and again my eyes land on the redhead. She was in her seat looking at the door like a deer in the headlights. She was so engrossed with the sight that she didn't even notice when a blonde girl walked up to her. The blonde had bright emerald green eyes, an okay-looking nose, and plump pink lips. She was pretty. Just pretty.

She catches me looking and walks over to me. I put my head on the table and pretend to be fascinated by the names carved into the desk.
Joseph & Ana 4L

"Hello Destiny." I looked up, and there she was the blonde.

"H-hi" I mumble under my breath.

"I'm having a party tonight. Most of my friends will be there. Just a small get-together. You wanna come?"

Of course not! Parties equal the increase in teenage pregnancy rates, lots and lots of alcohol, and a ton load of drugs. But instead of an instant "NO" I think of Destiny, she would love to experience something like this and this was her chance. I choose Destiny, I choose to help her in every way possible, to be there when she was in need. To be her true friend.

"Yes. Of course!"

"Great! I'll pick you up? Ill give you my phone and you gemme your phone so I can give you my number."
I follow her instructions. She happily accepts my phone and her thumbs fire away. I type in my number a bit slower.
Kyr- offph wrong name. Destiny.
She hands my phone back to me. I do the same.

"Okay so I'll pick you up tonight at 6:15. But just in case of anything text me if you have to cancel."

I nod unable to speak. She smiles and walks away leaving me in shock at such an invitation. I look at my phone where her number was. She even entered her name, Brittany Bazil.

I sat in my seat thinking of multiple scenarios where I ask and attempt to convince my mom into letting Destiny go to this party. But all attempts fail. Mom is never going to let us go to this party, even if we were normal. I slam my head into the desk. Shoot. I rub my forehead in a circular motion. The pain was sharp and steady.

Then common sense slaps me across the face. I stand up, after being mentally abused by my brain, I'm frozen in thought. Then the realization of what I just did sets in.

What the hell did I just agree to?!?