6

"Hi."

That one word spoken was enough to make Jungkook's heartbeat go wild. It was beating faster than he thought was even possible, as he stared at the outstretched hand in front of him.

This was by far one of the most important conversations he was ever going to have. It's his first time talking to his mate...his literal other half. Without the breathtaking vampire in front of him, Jungkook's life would grow to be miserable and void of any and all emotions. Because the boy, stranger, standing in front of him was now the sole cause of his happiness. His reason for living.

"Hi." Jungkook eventually replied, reaching out to shake the vampire's hand.

The grey head, which Jungkook now knew as Tae, gently pulled his hand away from Jungkook's and gave the older a smile. "I'm Taehyung." The vampire introduced himself.

"I'm Jungkook, and...I think we should talk."

Taehyung nodded his head, agreeing fully with Jungkook's statement because they did need to talk. Mate or soulmate, it didn't matter what you called it, either way the two were now connected in a way that could only be broken by death. And despite being complete strangers, they couldn't live without each other. It just wasn't possible, and they both knew that.

Before Taehyung could give Jungkook a verbal response Yoongi cut into the conversation. "You can talk to him, but it's going to be right here. With all of us present." He all but spat at Jungkook, who's eyes widened at the sharp response.

Jungkook definitely wasn't expecting the vampire to be that hostile, but assumed that he was the one Jimin and Jin warned him about yesterday in study hall.

"Okay, we can talk here. That's fine." Jungkook spoke catching everyone's attention again after it had been shifted to the short, brooding vampire who seemed to always have a permanent glare etched onto his face.

Despite Jungkook's words nobody said anything. It wasn't until a few minutes of awkward silence had passed that someone finally spoke. That person being Taehyung.

"So...Do you feel it too then?" Taehyung asked. "The bond I mean."

Jungkook nodded. "Yeah, I do. I didn't know if you would though."

"I feel it." Taehyung assured. "It's practically impossible to ignore."

"Well at least we know that it's not a one sided thing now. I was worried that I would be the only one effected."

"Trust me you're not. I guarantee you I'm just as effected, if not more." Taehyung smiled.

"So...what happens now?" Jungkook asked after another moment of awkward silence.

"Honestly, I have no idea."

"Me either, but I think we both understand that we, well to put it bluntly, are stuck with each other now." Jungkook said. "So, I...I think that we should try and get to know each other better."

"I agree. I think that getting to know each other better is a good idea. You know instead of just jumping into the whole soulmate thing..." Taehyung trailed off getting a bit embarrassed by the whole topic.

Jungkook's eyes widened and Taehyung, who noticed, started to panic. Did he say something he wasn't supposed to? "What? Why are you looking at me like that?" Taehyung asked.

"Is that what it's called? Like is that what I am to you? Your soulmate?" Jungkook answered Taehyung's questions with his own.

"You didn't know that?"

Jungkook shook his head. "No, honestly we don't really know a lot about vampires. None of the students do. Your kind is a bit of a mystery to us. We haven't had vampire students here for a long time, so a lot about vampires has been forgotten to us."