7

It wasn't until a whole day later that Taehyung finally made the decision to text Jungkook. He had just got home from school and was sitting at the desk in his room. He hadn't got the chance to talk to the alpha at school due to an unusually busy day, so now here he was waiting for a response.

A few minutes later the familiar ding of his phone alerted him that Jungkook replied. Taehyung quickly picked up the phone and read over the message, and couldn't fight away the smile growing on his face just because he was talking to his soulmate.

Taehyung had always been fascinated by the idea of soulmates, and how every vampire had a destined partner out there for them. However, with all that his parents put him through between the constant hours of training and studying, he never had time to think about his own soulmate. And because his parents had set his priorities out for him leaving no room for discussion, finding his destined partner never became a big one for him.

Taehyung's parents were very set in their ways and wholeheartedly believed that soulmates were to be second and the throne was to be first. They believed he had to be 100% percent ready to take over crown without any questions or hesitations before Taehyung should even begin to think about his partner.

Taehyung has had this thought process drilled into his head since he had been born, and he couldn't help that some part of himself actually believed his mother and father's words. But, that was all before he met Jungkook. Since then Taehyung hasn't been bothered to even give his parent's words a second thought.

Taehyung quickly sent back another text to werewolf, and that's how the rest of their evening goes. Before the vampire knows it is coming up on 1  a.m, and Taehyung's eyes widened. Him and Jungkook have been exchanging messages for almost five hours.

The other must have realized the same thing because his next response was a text saying he was going to bed since it was getting late. Taehyung wished him goodnight and put his phone away. He couldn't help the small sigh the escaped his lips. The last few hours have been easy and light, but Taehyung knows better than to think it will always be that way.

Taehyung had a long way to go before he got his happy ending. Starting with his getting through to his parents, although, that would have to wait considering Taehyung doesn't know the next time he would talk to them, let alone see them.

So, for now he was going to focus on getting to know Jungkook better, and the latter getting to know himself better. And since the werewolf was not very schooled about vampires, there was going to be a lot Taehyung had explain and teach to Jungkook. The first thing being what the soulmate bond actually meant to vampires because it was a bit different than what mate bonds meant to werewolves.

~~~~

The next morning Taehyung texted Jungkook and asked if they could meet up before school, and the younger immediately agreed. Which was how they ended up meeting up with the four werewolves in the courtyard of the school almost forty-five minutes before school was set to start.

There wasn't that many students on campus this early, so they mostly had the place to themselves. Taehyung was sitting between Yoongi and Hoseok under the same tree they were at yesterday, and Jungkook was sat across from them.

"I'm really glad you could meet up." Taehyung said a small smile on his face as he looked at the younger, who was staring right back at him. He watched as the werewolf broke out into a smile of his own. "No worries. I wanted to, and I was happy to get your message."

Taehyung smiled again. "So where are your friends?"

"Oh, they'll be here later. They're all to lazy to get up earlier than they have to." Jungkook explained rolling his eyes, remembering the earlier events of the morning. "I tried waking them up to tell them I was coming early and they just completely ignored me, so I left them back at the house."