✯Toxic✯

A/n. Italics is in the present and Eliza's POV. Normal is a flashback in third person.

13;I E D

'I'm addicted to you don't you know that your toxic'

'I love you.'

Those were the words uttered to me a moment ago.

"I love you." He answered after awhile.

"I love you." Brett mentioned again, sighing- after a moment of silence.

Eliza frozen at his words, blankly staring at him in confusion, as she watched him run his hands through his hair in frustration.

"I've always loved you, but damn it Eliza!, the fact you can't see that! is j- maybe your just so damn oblivious."

"I-I like you too Brett a lot, I know we fight but your still in my pack-." Eliza justified to him but it just made Brett more angry.

"Ughh you don't get it! I'm in love, like with you, I'm in love with you." He tried to explain his breathing becoming more ragged.

"Why?" Eliza asked pathetically, the news shocked her so much she had barely made a move.

"Trust me I would like to know too! but I can't change how I feel. But Now I'm just too late."

"To late for what!?" Eliza nearly shouted at him. She didn't know what he meant by that, the last time he said that to her, and it's been eating at her.

"To be with you!"

"Why do you think that?" She asked in confusion, her voice begging to sound like a whisper.

"Because of him." Brett answered gesturing to the way Liam left, not being able to even say his name.

"Liam?" Eliza asked, in utter confusion.

He simply looked at her not batting an eyelash. He wasn't going to say his name, not if it was to save his life.

And Eliza took that as a yes.

"We're friends?"

"You just said that, like your asking me? Eliza your just to messed up right now to even know what is going on." Brett remarked stubbornly.

"I'm crazy! Your the one who stupidly confessed your love for me!" She exclaimed, her voice cracking at the word love.

"You can't love me." She added, her head hanging after a moment of silence. She never wanted this, she just wanted a pack, not love. She rubbed her temples in confusion, pushing her long hair back.

Brett forced a chuckle trying to hide the fact he was hurt by that. He never wanted to tell her like this, but the way she with Liam infuriated him.

"Because of him?" Brett asked his features saddened, while he fidgeted on his feet, trying to catch her gaze.

Eliza didn't answer as she avoided eye contact. She didn't ask for any of this, she never wanted a boyfriend. She just wanted the McCall pack to pay for her sisters death.

But she couldn't deny her and Brett had been through a lot, but did she ever think of anything more than just pack mates?

The answer was no.

Eliza wasn't fazed by the way Brett kicked the trash can, she had seen him in rage but he didn't seem angry just hurt, and she caused that, and thats all she ever does.

She's toxic, she destroys everything around her and everyone he didn't deserve that. At least it's what she thinks.

"The plan." Eliza started but was soon cut off.