"Because I'm fucking thirteen!"

Jessica's POV
I put my arms around his shoulders and press our heads together.

"Took you long enough to ask." I whisper as I pull him into a kiss. It was passionate and loving. He placed his left hand around my waist and glided his right hand up to my neck to deepen the kiss as I tangled my fingers through his buzzed hair.

"I'll take that as a yes then?" He whispered back as he broke the kiss. "Now you have to try to go back to bed okay sunflower. I'll be over in a minute just let me go get more wood." As he went to get up I grabbed his hand.

"But it's my shift next."

"It's fine. I'm pretty sure all the coyotes are sleeping anyway. Plus I'd rather be next to you than sitting against that tree." As he walked into the night to go get more wood I walked over to my sleeping bag and laid down. It's not like I could sleep though I was to excited. *jesus Christ I can't believe this shit. Maybe I'm just dreaming. Maybe he didn't really mean it like that. But what if he did-* My thoughts were cut off my the sound of Chris putting wood into the fire. I rolled over on my stomach so my face was facing the fire.

"Didn't I tell you to go to bed?" He said laughing.

"I can't. I might have another nightmare."

"You'll be fine I'll be right next to you. Don't worry sunflower I'll be right next to you."  He said to me as he laid on his stomach to face the fire as I had done before.

"Hey Chris,"

"Yeah Jess?"

"What do you think will happen after we find the kids body?" I asked as he wrapped his hand around mine.

"I don't know? But maybe if we're lucky you and me will be able to get out of this shitty town and forget our pasts. But you know what's not gonna change?"

"What?" I say smiling.

"This. This is never gonna break. We're gonna do all this together because we're a team and nothing's ever gonna break this apart." I leaned in as our lips met. It was a short kiss but with him it felt like forever.

"Ok now it's time to go to bed. Both of us." He said breaking the kiss.

Time Skip//Gordie's POV
I woke up before everyone else as usual but this time it was different. As I got up to walk to the tracks I saw Chris holding Jess in his arms as they both stayed sound asleep. I always knew they were gonna get together. They sure look like they are.

As I went to the train tracks and sat down a deer came over to me. It stayed though and just looked at me. When it heard the train coming we both went are separate ways and even though it was on the top of my tongue to tell my friends about the deer I didn't.

Chris' POV
The train woke all of us up but I guess I was the last. As I woke up I noticed that Jessica was not next to me. I stood up from my sleeping bag and looked around frantically.

"Wheres Jess? Where did she go?!" I yelled looking around at all the guys.

"No need to get your panties in a bunch Chambers I'm right here." She said emerging from behind a thick tree. She must have gotten changed because she was out of the blue jeans and shirt from yesterday and in blue jean shorts with rips in them and a white tank top with little sunflowers on it. The whole outfit complimented her light brown hair and she looked perfect.

I ran over to her and picked her up. She laughed and before we could kiss I remember. *oh shit wait the guys don't know."

"Wait the guys don't know." I said as I looked up at her in my arms.

"Should we tell them?"

"Tell us what assholes?" Teddy yelled at us. Apparently he heard even though we were whispering.

"Well, last night I asked Jess to be my girl. And she said yes." I said as I put her down.

"Fucking finally! Jesus Chambers you've had a thing for her for like 3 years now!" Teddy said happily.

"Your a lucky man Chris. Don't lose this one." Gordie said coming over and patting me on the shoulder. Then they all went to Jess and hugged her.

"Hey, hey, hey get your grubby hand off my girl." I said Smugly as I wrapped my arm around her shoulder.

"Why are you all so excited. It's not like I'm getting married. Or worse. Pregnant." She said looking at all the guys.

"Because he's liked you for like 3 years now and we've all been waiting for this." Teddy said.

Time Skip//Chris' POV
As we walked along the tracks I walked with Gordie while Teddy, Vern, and Jess were ahead of us.

"So you and Jess are a thing now?" He said turning his head to me.

"Yeah. I really like her Gordo, and I don't want to fuck this up. Like everything else in my sorry ass life." I said turning my head from him to the ground.

"Oh I promise you. She won't leave. Your her best friend Chris she loves you too much to do that. And I know you love her too."

"Yea I really do love her."

Jessica's POV
I was walking with teddy and Vern while Chris and Gordie we're behind us. As I looked back at Chris Teddy caught my eye.

"So you and Chris. You guys fucking yet? Or did you just give him a little head?" He said smirking. I flipped him off.

"No Teddy I didn't. You know why?"

"Why?"

"Because I'm fucking thirteen!" I yelled back at him. Then I thought of the best come back. " but last I heard didn't you get some head from Veronica bender!" I said as I laughed in his face. Veronica was the ugliest girl in our grade and no guy wanted to go out with her. So it was easy to get back at the guys with them doing something with her.

After a while Chris and Gordie caught up and we were all walking together on the tracks.