"I love you too sunflower."

Chris' POV
The walk back to castle rock was silent. Not one word was said we all just walked. As we walked me and Jess had our hands untwined the whole time. I was so proud of her for sticking up to Ace like that. When we got back we all stood there and looked at each other. Vern was the first to go then Teddy. Teddy walked away singing and Vern just walked silently leaving only me, Gordie, and Jess.

"I'm never gonna get out of this town, am I, Gordie?" I said looking over at him with my arm around Jess, as she looked over the hill at our small, little town.

"You can do anything you want, man."

"Yeah, sure. Gimme some skin." I stated as I held my hand out towards him. We completed our hand shake and Jess and I started walking to where ever the hell we were going.

" I'll see you." I heard him say from a distance as I stop and turn my head.

"Not if I see you first."

Time Skip//Chris' POV
As we finished our walk to town we had to choices home or the tree house. We decided that we could just stay at the tree house for a little before the night was fully cast over the town.

"Chris, do you think that we'll ever get out of here? I don't wanna be stuck here forever." She asked me as I looked up from my magazine.

"Hell yeah, we're getting so out of here!" I say taking the cigarette out of my mouth. "Because there's no way I'm letting you stay in this shit town with your mom and Ace. Especially Ace!" I say as she laughs.

"Oh shit! What time is it?" She yelled asking me.

"7:38."

"Oh shit my mom is gonna kill me! I gotta go Chris." As she grabbed her jacket and went to leave I grabbed her by the wrist and pulled her towards my chest.

"You think I'm gonna let you walk home alone with Ace in this town? You must be stupid! I'll walk you home." As we got down from the tree house she put her jean jacket on and I grabbed her hand. While walking to her house we stopped for smokes and pezz. As we walked out of the store we were met by no other than Ace.

"Oh look it's  the whore." He said looking at Jessica.

"Oh hey Ace. Do remember earlier today when I told you off and my brother practically killed you?" She asked sarcastically as he snarled at her. As we walked away Ace said something.

"Ya know Chris, your lucky having a piece of ass like that walking around with you. But remember all whores are whores and just be careful because she's one hell of a whore. Also, don't knock her up." He said throwing a condom at me as I caught it. "Remember always use protection!" He said laughing as he walked away.

I felt Jessica's warm hand unattached from mine. I watched as she walked up to him as his back was turned to her and she grabbed his shoulder turning him around. "Fuck you Ace!" She yelled punching him in the face. I smirked as I watched him hit the ground. He stayed on the ground as she spoke, "And for your information I'm not a whore but hey, thanks for the condom even though you probably need it more than Chris does." As we walked away I heard a yelp come out of Jessica's mouth as Ace pulled her towards him by her wrists.

"Oh come on, just let it happen." He said as he held her body against his.

"Come on man let her go." I said calmly trying not to worry her. "You're just really drunk Ace. So just let her go."

"No way in hell am I giving her to you!" He yelled back at me with a slur at the end.

"Ace give her back."

"No!"

"Ace. Give. Her. Back!" I yelled as I charged at him.
He fell to the ground with Jess still in his arms. I put my hand out and helped her up. As we walked back I could here Ace get off the ground but he just turned the other way and left us alone. *finally*

Time Skip//Chris' POV
As we walked the next block in silence we finally made it to Jessica's house. As she walked up to her porch I grabbed her by her hand and pulled her towards me. She began to laugh as I placed little kisses on her neck.

"Ok, ok, ok. I gotta go now." She said as she turned around and places her arms around my neck.

"Awe! But why now." I pretended to whine as she looked into my eyes.

"Because I told Steven I would be home and if I don't show he'll think Ace took me or some shit."

"But he didn't take you, because of me." I said making her laugh as I pointed me thumb at my chest.

"Yeah you're my real knight in shining armor." She said with a giggle.

Jessica's POV
"Yeah your my real knight in shining armor." I said giggling with my hands still dangling from his shoulders. "I love you Chris." I said as I leaned into the kiss.

"I love you too sunflower."