Chapter.1 | Tattoos

I walk through the street, looking at the ground while listening to music. People move past, trapped in their own heads as I am in mine. Nobody seems to care that I am unfamiliar. Nobody seems to care that I am unusual. Nobody seems to even notice me. I carry my loneliness with me, almost like a hangover.

The wind is howling like some horror movie opener, passing down the streets faster than a freight train and howling just the same.
Everything here is completely unfamiliar to me. This is more of an older neighborhood. The street looked like an unfinished painting. The cracked windows, the broken sidewalks and the mouldy brown wooden doors, I am not used to any of that. This whole place is just dull and not very interesting, but I can live with that.

Sometimes when you're left with no other choice, you just gotta do what you gotta do.
I've seen it all in movies. The girl runs away from home, bumps into a successful handsome man, they fall in love and lives a luxurious life. Pft. Reality is nothing near that.

I hold my stomach tightly as it growls even louder this time. My eyes still searching. I am going to find it, I am sure. The old, stupid man practically told me where it was.
I refuse to ask anyone else for directions. They're all so... strange.
They look like dead zombies, put on earth to survive on their own. I'm sure most of them have lived half their lives in prison. They send off an arrogant vibe, as if they're gonna rip my head off if I talk to them.

I was just about to give up before I finally found what I'd been looking for in an eternity, a convenience store!
I quickly walk in the store, trying not to look suspicious. My mom would have been do disappointed if she knew what I was about to do. But it's not exactly my fault that I don't have any money.

I eye the busy cashier and stop dead in my tracks. Damn.
Soft brown hair, slightly tan glowing skin, pink lips and a perfectly curved nose. His left arm completely covered in artistic tattoos and a black piercing on his bottom lip.
It was almost like he had walked out of a different planet. I didn't know what to do, but wonder what a guy like him was doing behind a cash register.

I shake my head and remind myself that this is not what I came here for.
Before I can make a move, his sharp eyes gets pinned on me. Every muscle on his face tightens, eyes narrows, and his eyebrows furrows.
He points towards me and gestures me to come forward.
I swallow a big gulp and make my way towards him.