Chapter.9 | DASHI RUN!

"AHAHAHAHAHAHA. BOSS, LOOK WHAT I FOUND." A bald skinny looking man points at me. His mouth is glued to a wide grin, yet his eyes are red and dead.

The other guy turns around and stares at me hungrily. Both of them looks at each other and laughs. They can't seem to belive it, and I can't belive it either.
I have never seen such a frightening sight even in my worst nightmare.

Drained of all hope, tears roll down my cheek one by one.
Both of them comes on each side of the bed. I pull my legs up to my stomach and despite the little space I manage to curl up into a ball.

"We just hit the lottery, Carlos." The skinny one says and laughs like a pig.

He bends down, grabs my left leg and pulls me.
"Noo, l-let me go." I manage to say before getting dragged out of the bed. I lie on my stomach and hold the bed leg tightly. My head getting heavier and my vision blurry.

"Stand up bitch."
The boss grabs my hair and pulls me up aggressively. I moan in pain as I cry.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, completely unexpected, the closet door bursts open and within a second Jungkook pops out.

Not only are my eyes wide with shock, but the two men are left with their mouth wide open.

"WHAT THE FUCK!!" The boss shouts still in denial.

"HOW DARE YOU TOUCH HER!" Junkook says. His voice is calm yet intimidating. His jaw is clenched and his eyes narrow and deadly.

"I'll touch her all I want." The boss says and his hand lands on my breast. I gasp at his disgust action and try to brush his hand off, but he pulls my hair causing me to scream.

Jungkook immediately sprints up to them and punches the boss on his face. It all was happening so fast, even I couldn't comprehend anything.
The guy falls against wall and groans. Jungkook takes his face and slams it on his knee.

The skinny guy stands there, and I can see the fear in his eyes when he makes eye contact with Jungkook.
Jungkook slaps his face, and the heavy impact makes him dizzy.

"Run Y/N! Leave right now! To the woods somewhere!" Jungkook screams as he deals with the men.

The woods?

Suddenly the boss gets a hold of my neck somehow. Despite the blood dripping out of his nose, he pressed my neck with his thick fingers. I shut my eyes in pain and try to breath even though it's impossible. I try to scream but nothing comes out, just wheezing sounds.

Jungkook looks at me with concern. He takes the guy's right hand off my neck and bites his arm with full force. The guy screams in pain and immediately let go of me. I fall down and gasp for air. I really thought I was going to die.
"RUN" Jungkook repeats himself again.

I stand up and barely am able to keep my posture straight. Terrified, I limp out of the apartment. I look behind me one last time, and see Jungkook getting punched in the stomach. Exactly where he was shot. I hear him groan in pain. Why is nobody doing anything? Can't they hear that something is wrong?!

The streets are even more terrifying than those guys. Who knows how many of their men are here on the streets, starving to catch me. I cover my face with my hand and desperately try to find the woods.
The absolute horror completely paralyzed me, and the more I thought about run away, or simply moving a bit, the more I felt discouraged and utterly terrified.
I don't remember being this scared in my life.

Finally I see a bunch of tall green trees standing there calling my name. I've always been scared of the woods, but it seems like the safest place for me right now. Unless there are mafia gangs murdering people in there...

I slow down my speed and look around to find a place to hide. I find a big stone and my exhausted body automatically collapses down behind it.
Dread creeps down my spine like a careful spider leaving a trail of silk.
Everything happened so fast that it still hasn't sunk in my mind yet.
I can't belive Jungkook was hiding in the closet all this time. He really didn't leave me behind. My heart aches and I get this weird sensation in my stomach. Is this what people call having butterflies?

The evening is cool, but my blood is icy and my muscles tense. I've lost sense of how long I've been here, each second is an eternity praying those bastards would not pass by. My legs begins to cramp from crouching too long but I dare not move even to ease the pain.
I rock back and forth, mumbling at myself. I tug at my hair, tufts come out. My heart beats loudly, this heavy drum only I can hear.

I find myself scrambling through the woods, checking back to see if I am being followed. Moonlight reflects in the puddles, leaves scrunch under foot.

A shadow appears.

Suddenly all I see is Jungkook, literally. Everything else falls away. I no longer hear cars speeding down the street. I can't notice the little rain drops or the pain that's still dingling around my neck.

Jungkook looks around the woods with a concerned look on his face. He's clearly looking for me.
My mind is screaming his name Jungkook, Jungkook, Jungkook. But what comes out isn't even half as powerful.

"Jungkook." I barely let out.

Finally he sees me and runs up to me. After seeing him I feel relived, as if a heavy weight just lifted off my shoulders.
He doesn't look so hurt, just a bruise on his forehead. But god knows what kind of pain he felt when he was punched in the stomach.

"Y/N, are you okay?" He crouch down and asks breathing heavily.

I burst down crying. It's as if my body doesn't belong to me, I can't control it. I raise my shoulders and hug him tightly. My arms wrapped around his neck, I put my head on his chest. I can hear his heart beating fast and loud.

Taken aback by the hug, Jungkook still folds his arms around me slowly.
I pull back and Jungkook's cheeks are painted with a faint red color.

I'm relived to see him but I'm more angry. I'm angry because I know he's hiding something big.

"What's going on Jungkook?! Are you gonna tell me or lie more?" I ask frustrated.

Jungkook looks down, contemplating whether or not he should tell me.

"I'll tell you."