Chapter.10 | The Truth?

"I'll tell you." He finally says. "I'll tell you everything... But now is not the time." He continues.

I should've seen this coming. I roll my eyes in irritation.
"What do you mean now is not the time? I almost died today, and I don't even know why!"

It becomes silent. We both sit on the dead leaves and the sound of leaves on the trees brushing against each other surrounds us.
Being alone in the woods is a different feeling than being alone with him at my apartment.

"I already told you I'll do anything if you tell me." I say to break the silence.

I can hear Jungkook sigh heavily before he looks at me.

"Alright, you really wanna know? Then promise me after I tell you this, you'll leave this city and move somewhere else." He says, his stare piercing my soul.

"What?"

"Exactly, you wouldn't do that." He says right after I speak, as if he already expected me to react like that.

"Well, I can't afford to move somewhere else. I just moved here." I say in a low voice, wondering why he was so determined to kick me out of this place. It lowkey made me a little sad when I thought about it.

He sighs even deeper this time.
"Why did you even come here in the first place?!" He says in a loud furious voice, almost shouting at me. Taken aback by his sudden behavior, I try not to talk to him anymore, let alone look at him.

"I'm sorry, I guess." I mumble just loud enough for him to hear.
Maybe my parents were right. I'm just an annoying girl that nobody likes.

I stand up but Jungkook doesn't even look at me.
Tears form in my eyes and threaten to fall down. Ahh why am I suddenly so sensitive?
Tears began to spill from my helpless eyes onto my red shirt.
I annoyingly wipe the tears of my cheeks and start walking away.

Where do I go?
My apartment doesn't have a door. Those bastards could come there anytime. My family doesn't want me. I don't have any friends. What's going on with my life? Am I the only one living like this?

Feels like emptiness in my heart, a shear of nothingness that somehow takes over and holds my soul and threatens to kill me entirely.
The temptation to hurt myself comes and goes.

I'm still not out of the woods, but I can't control my whimpers anymore. I hold my mouth shut with one hand and use the other to shove the long branches out of the way.

Suddenly I hear a leave scrunch behind me. The moment I look behind a tall figure is already gently pulling me closer, wrapping it's arms around me. I startle but immediately calm down again. I look at the tattooed arm around my body, and immediately recognize who it is. It's Jungkook. My heart skips a beat. I feel the butterflies in my stomach once more. His embrace is warm, and his big, strong arms seems very protective when wrapped around my frail body.

"I'm sorry, I'm not so empathetic... I shouldn't have gotten mad at you." He says in a low voice.

I pull his arms away from me and try to get out of his grip. He softens up and immediately let me go. He looks at me with a gentle look.

"What do you want?" I ask him bluntly. First he wants me to leave this city, now he's coming back and cuddling like a teddy bear.

"I want to tell you everything."

Finally, that's what I've been wanting to hear.
"It's alot. You might want to sit down somewhere." He says and looks back at where we just came from.

The sun has set at this point, and the black sky is decorated with shining stars. We go back to the big stone and sit down against it.
It feels surreal, that I'm finally going to find out what he's been hiding.