Chapter 9:

A.N: Someone asked me to update soon so lucky you guys I'm deciding to give you another update in the same day. I like keeping my readers happy so if you ask me to update soon then I will as soon as I can. Also this person asked me why I killed Rachel off well it's because she had a bad home life and even though she was in love she didn't know what else to do. Also I may have a twist coming in the story but I haven't decided yet.

Three days later:

My family and I have been working hard to invite everyone that Rachel knew to come to the funeral. Her mom and dad however do not want to come. We have got our preacher to agree that he will do the funeral. The funeral home went and got the body but they said it was so bad that it would have to be a closed casket. I haven't been that much help because I have been trying to hold my heart in my chest even though it feels like it is in a million pieces. I know I'm supposed to be strong but I just can't. She was my true love. My mom comes into my room. She said, "Darling it's time to get ready to go say your goodbyes. Rachel's siblings want to go so they will be riding with you." I nod and get up. I put on a black blouse and a black skirt. I put on real dark make-up. I go downstairs and my mom says, "Is that what you wearing?"

"Yeah I'm in mourning." My brother walks in with my sketch book. He shows my mom my drawings. The drawings all have something to do with death. My mom says, "Hun I know that you are in mourning but after we get done with the funeral you need to stop drawing and writing about death." I nod. Rachel's siblings come over. We leave. When we get to the funeral home we sit in the front row which is reserved for family. A woman walks up and says, "Hey my nieces and nephews." They nod at her. She looks at my brother, my mom, n I. She says, "I'm sorry the siblings can sit here but you can't because you guys ain't family."

My mom says, "With all do respect even though we ain't family my daughter was Rachel's girlfriend. Also we brought the kids here and we put this whole funeral together with no help from any of the family."

The woman rolls her eyes and walks away. The preacher stands up and says, "We are all gathered here to say goodbye to our sweet Rachel. Let's all join in a prayer." Everyone closer their eyes and put their grades down. When it is over everyone says Amen. He says, "Rachel was a young body with an old soul. People say 'to know her is to love her'. I asked Ann if Rachel believed in God. She told me that Rachel at first didn't really seem like she did but at the end she did. I would like to let Ann come up here and play a song and say done words." I stand up and walk up to the front. I grab my guitar. I start playing and singing a mixer of somewhere over the rainbow and what a wonderful world.

"Somewhere over the rainbow

Way up high

And the dreams that you dreamed of

Once in a lullaby

Somewhere over the rainbow

Blue birds fly

And the dreams that you dreamed of

Dreams really do come true ooh oh

Someday I'll wish upon a star

Wake up where the clouds are far behind me

Where trouble melts like lemon drops

High above the chimney tops

That's where you'll find me

Oh, somewhere over the rainbow bluebirds fly

And the dream that you dare to,

Oh why, oh why can't I?

Well I see trees of green and red roses too,

I'll watch them bloom for me and you